UnevenEdge

death stranding.

discolé monade

i am loving this game. some would find it 'boring', but even the constant back and forth of 'deiveries' doesn't seem to bother me. 

the graphics are beautiful, and the music is lovely. i mean, i am going to find some of it and dl to my JD for my car. 

there's some product placement, but it's ok. 

norman reedus gestures and facial expressions have me loving this game even more. 

9/10 

I keep going back and forth to it because it feels soul draining for me to be done with one tumultuous trek across the map only to get another done. I might redownload it soon though because the last place I stopped at was trying to reunite Mama with her sister. 

The bells and whistles the game has are perfect though. It was hilarious to see all the things you can make Norman Reedus do in your main hub. It was also nice to see all the cameos from directors, authors, and Conan O’Brien.

They did a decent job with music too by giving you atmospheric tunes as you’re hobbling down mountains and such. The Neighborhood and Okay Kaya were great to see on there.

The community aspects were heartwarming too with the Like system giving you incentive to help others out and praise others for leaving stuff behind for you. 

• Like 1

it really is a nice game. i get the tediousness (is that a word?) of it, but i would build the roads up as i did deliveries. 

and i loved the cameos. conan had me in stitches and the otter hat. you are almost half way through the game. 

i don't want to spoil anything, but you have so much more. 

and OMG the boss fights. they get....impressively harder. 

i am really loving 'low roar'. i read that konami was in iceland and heard them on the radio? or his driver (native icelander) had them on, and took him to meet them?

something along those lines. long story, he loved their music so much and needed to work with them, and this was a perfect fit for those treks across the mountain top, or

valley. 

i am only going to say this, just when you get to the west coast, it....anxiety filled.

• 11 months later...

Just got the PS5 edition with the discounted update. 

Still wondering if I made a mistake or not, but it definitely feels nicer and smoother to play. The haptics are always appreciated with how the controller reacts to your terrain. 

I also appreciate quality of life things like the shooting range to get used to the BT weapons since fighting BTs was my Achilles heel in the original game. 

I think I’m close to the midway point since I’m around Chapter 6, but hopefully things open up more. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sequel possibly being revealed tonight. I’m of two minds about it. On the one hand, the story and world felt complete, so it almost feels exploitative to make another? At the same time, I loved it, so maybe there’s room for more? I realized today that I’m old. I believe things should END. I’m so tired of stories that are never finished. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, SwimOdin said:

Sequel possibly being revealed tonight. I’m of two minds about it. On the one hand, the story and world felt complete, so it almost feels exploitative to make another? At the same time, I loved it, so maybe there’s room for more? I realized today that I’m old. I believe things should END. I’m so tired of stories that are never finished. 

I'm excited for more

• 5 months later...

Fucking love this stupid bad game. After a literal quarantine from when everyone in my house but me had Covid, this was all I had. It fit the sad, lonely feeling I was feeling, camped out in my mancave. It was my companion in a cold time. Now I’m going to play this every January.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, SwimOdin said:

Fucking love this stupid bad game. After a literal quarantine from when everyone in my house but me had Covid, this was all I had. It fit the sad, lonely feeling I was feeling, camped out in my mancave. It was my companion in a cold time. Now I’m going to play this every January.

i have winter games, this is a winter game, for sure.