UnevenEdge

Not even vtubers can escape the wrath of China

Satou Kazuma

I literally just got into watching that group the week before it kicked off.

It's all one big circle of stupid. All it is is two of the girls showed off the Youtube analytics page to see where their viewers are watching from, and Taiwan happened to be on the list. And, maybe evidently the "top ranked countries" part of the page got a bit lost in translation.

Bonus round of stupid: youtube is banned in China. There's reasonable suggestions that many Chinese viewers may use Taiwan VPNs to watch youtube, contributing to this mess.

Daos is being nice. I'd send you straight to the deep end.

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

It's all one big circle of stupid. All it is is two of the girls showed off the Youtube analytics page to see where their viewers are watching from, and Taiwan happened to be on the list.

It is barely anything, but China doesn't care.

Buddy, keep in mind this is the same country that took the movie Abomidable out of all their theaters all because it had one split-second scene that showed a map in the background that indicated the South China Sea wasn't in that area. Audiences barely noticed that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, elfie said:

It is barely anything, but China doesn't care.

Buddy, keep in mind this is the same country that took the movie Abomidable out of all their theaters all because it had one split-second scene that showed a map in the background that indicated the South China Sea wasn't in that area. Audiences barely noticed that.

They banned winnie the pooh because someone made a joke and said their president looked like him.  I remember ranting about this crap back in july when I was on my anti-censorship soap-box for anime and videogames, and a few people were very pro-censorship and making changes to films to appeal to china. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

They banned winnie the pooh because someone made a joke and said their president looked like him.  I remember ranting about this crap back in july when I was on my anti-censorship soap-box for anime and videogames, and a few people were very pro-censorship and making changes to films to appeal to china. 

Blizzard, partly owned by China-run gaming conglomerate Tencent, banned a Hearthstone player who showed support for Hong Kong protestors live on a livestream tournament, along with the two hosts interviewing him, who immediately went quiet and hid behind their desks only seconds before the entire feed was stopped.

DO NOT FUCK WITH CHINA.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, elfie said:

Blizzard, partly owned by China-run gaming conglomerate Tencent, banned a Hearthstone player who showed support for Hong Kong protestors live on a livestream tournament, along with the two hosts interviewing him, who immediately went quiet and hid behind their desks only seconds before the entire feed was stopped.

DO NOT FUCK WITH CHINA.

China needs fucked with, or at the very least companies need to stop catering to their government out of greed. 

• Like 2