UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 308 Discussion

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I suppose so.

There was just no mention of it during her other cameos like when she was guarding Tsunade during the Pain arc, since she's one of the three surrounding her while she's doing that jutsu the whole time.

It is weird because there are specific characters Kishimoto would show over and over like Gaara's fangirls and those 2 jounin guys, and think another 2 jounin guys, you keep seeing the same "extras" over and over so you think they might get featured and expounded on at some point but sometimes it never happens (or maybe it will for some eventually, I don't know.)  At least one of those jounin duos got to fight those 2 Akatsuki guys.  Which I guess is why their defeat at the hands of the Sound Four was off-screened.  It preserved the mystery and surprise of everyone's abilities.  If it was the same 2 guys lol.

For this girl who knows if she would have ever gotten this featuring in the canon heh.

It is a pet peeve of mine of when shows do this.  I keep seeing the same characters over and over instead of ninja #6958 who is never seen again, it naturally makes me curious and want to know what their deal is.  Especially if they look or seem interesting.  So I hope for episodes like Io got here.  But of course that doesn't always happen, which annoys me lol.

I didn't even notice til I read about it after the fact, but the original Star Trek series would do this.  There were minor officers that would appear again and again, and were intended to be the same character and not just reusing actors, going by scripts and/or their being addressed by Kirk or someone else in the show.  Some of them would even get killed after a few appearances.  So there were actually red shirts who would last more than one episode lmao.  But Ensign Brown or whoever never got their featured episode hahaha.

• Like 1