UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - The Second Plate Finale Episode 13 Discussion

On 4/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, CountFrylock said:

I'm not  sure how you'd even fit that into toonami unless it's over the top ice skating in the way that food wars was over the top wacky food battles 

we have to remember first and foremost toonami is an action block  true there are always some shows that pop up that aren't action themed but those are in the minority and the majority of major shows that toonami picks up are action themed

most importantly this isn't the cw where they can air whatever progressive shows they want without  consequences  this is still adultswim which shares a channel with cartoon network and they do have to appease advertisers

sad to say a show like Yuri On Ice probably wouldn't make them happy at all

a reason why we never saw the Fujiko Mine Lupin series(because it was too risky for american television...)

If they had no problem airing Food Wars, they'd have no problem airing Yuri on Ice. I cannot think of any logical reason for what stopped them.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, PokeNirvash said:

IIRC, I think it was for that "Ladies of ADV" article they had in Anime Insider way back.

Oh wow, maybe I should look up the rest of the article.  That isn't even the only pic of her in that photoshoot either, and you said there are other girls!

On 4/19/2020 at 10:02 PM, CountFrylock said:

I'm not  sure how you'd even fit that into toonami unless it's over the top ice skating in the way that food wars was over the top wacky food battles 

we have to remember first and foremost toonami is an action block  true there are always some shows that pop up that aren't action themed but those are in the minority and the majority of major shows that toonami picks up are action themed

most importantly this isn't the cw where they can air whatever progressive shows they want without  consequences  this is still adultswim which shares a channel with cartoon network and they do have to appease advertisers

sad to say a show like Yuri On Ice probably wouldn't make them happy at all

a reason why we never saw the Fujiko Mine Lupin series(because it was too risky for american television...)

Yuri on Ice would count along with Food Wars and Pop Team Epic as another of Toonami's NON-ACTION shows they announced they were branching out with.  Demarco said he tried to get it but was unable.

Progressive?  You really think Yuri on Ice would be the most progressive thing Adult Swim has aired?  I certainly doubt it's the thing that would make standards and practices most upset, compared to what else they have aired, as well.

Aren't there already gay characters on kids shows on Cartoon Network though?

Yeah that just had way too much nudity to show it.  I could be wrong as I haven't seen it but I doubt Yuri on Ice is comparable in that area, either.