UnevenEdge

Stand up comedy has really changed me..

That_One_Guy

Like I handle rejection so well. Cause there's no rejection more immediate than telling a joke that a room full of people don't laugh at. Before I was terrified of rejection. Now it's like I enjoy it almost lol. I'm like a sadist. I just brush that shit off. I bombed twice tonight and I'm not emotionally bothered like I would be before. I'm logical about it. I'm analyzing what went wrong and how to be better. It's cool when you don't give a fuck about rejection anymore. If a chick turns me down, I beat off and go to sleep. If I audition for a commercial I forget about it and don't dwell on it like I used to. If I make a garbage thread here that gets no replies I play Metroid and probably beat off again lol. Idk it's really cool when you don't fear rejection. Life's easier. 

/blog

• Like 5

Just now, NaBrunswick said:

Totally agreed it makes life easier, that kind of awareness of the self is like a mental muscle you have to work out. In these times of learned helplessness and endless anxieties, a strong mind is like having a superpower. 

Facts dude. If you let fear of rejection dictate you you'll never shoot your shot. I never thought stand up would benefit me in this way. This shits an illusion anyway 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Fapping is the answer to everything?! 

Image result for I never knew gifs

Off topic, but what is with this cliche of some character not believing his eyes and he takes off his glasses to make sure he's not seeing things? 

"I saw something unbelievable! To make sure my eyes didn't just deceive me, I must temporarily make myself blind! ....... Oh, that unbelievable thing I thought I saw was actually just a boring ol' blur. Carry on."

Or alternatively....

"Yup, that thing's still there, albeit a bit blurry now."

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

48 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Off topic, but what is with this cliche of some character not believing his eyes and he takes off his glasses to make sure he's not seeing things? 

"I saw something unbelievable! To make sure my eyes didn't just deceive me, I must temporarily make myself blind! ....... Oh, that unbelievable thing I thought I saw was actually just a boring ol' blur. Carry on."

Or alternatively....

"Yup, that thing's still there, albeit a bit blurry now."

Well ... I guess if you weren't like super blind and were wearing readers like old people maybe you'd want to see it with your own eyes. Maybe its just for drama. Like look at me straight in the eye so I know you're telling the truth. 

But it wouldn't work for me because I'm blind as fuck. 

• Like 1