UnevenEdge

I've been wondering...

Sieg67

How many gummy bears would it take to create a life size gummy bear?

One day I was watching the 2nd Goosebumps movie and at one point, the candy tray or gummy bears merged together to create a life size bear.  There's no way there would be enough bears in that candy dish to achieve that so I started wondering how many gummy bears it would actually take.  Also who in their right mind leaves gummy bears open in a candy dish?

Edited by Sieg67

7 minutes ago, ITasteLikeSex said:

Bears average around 453,592 grams. A single gummy bear is about 2.9 grams. 435,592/2.9 is approximately 156411.

Can we go by just grams?  I'm assuming gummy bears and real bears have different densities.  You can get enough gummy bears to equal the weight of a real bear but will it have the same volume and mass?
If I thought I could simply use weight, I would have done the math a long time ago.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Can we go by just grams?  I'm assuming gummy bears and real bears have different densities.  You can get enough gummy bears to equal the weight of a real bear but will it have the same volume and mass?
If I thought I could simply use weight, I would have done the math a long time ago.

On Earth, mass and weight are the same thing, but you are correct about volume.

15 hours ago, Seight said:

I saw a five-pound bag of Gummy Bears once and the cashier at the gas station said people buy them and put them into vodka.

You can buy a five pound single gummy bear but I would imagine that'd be harder to put into vodka.