UnevenEdge

Anime Streaming Service Recs?

avec

I think Crunchyroll and Funimation are the only ones that do a lot of simulcasts. Amazon has done some(Vinland Saga and not sure what else). Netflix does current-ish and posts the whole seasons at once(like all of their shows even than Korean dramas from what I can tell). I just kinda watch whatever when I feel like it, I assume someone else will come in here with better info. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gojira Claus said:

I think Crunchyroll and Funimation are the only ones that do a lot of simulcasts. Amazon has done some(Vinland Saga and not sure what else). Netflix does current-ish and posts the whole seasons at once(like all of their shows even than Korean dramas from what I can tell). I just kinda watch whatever when I feel like it, I assume someone else will come in here with better info. 

Idk what it is about Funimation that keeps me from trying them out.  Maybe its all the money I threw in the trash years ago on some pretty bad series. 😂 My mistake, not theirs though.

Ill have to check out if they're streaming Psycho Pass 3.

Edited by lesans_muse
Spoiler alert, no Psycho Pass. 😥

Oh I forgot about HI DIVE. Which is what Anime Network changed their name to if you haven't paid any attention to streaming in a good while.

Currently I'm using VRV which includes Crunchyroll and HI DIVE(and some non-anime stuff like Boomerang) because they gave me yet another free trial. XD 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gojira Claus said:

Oh I forgot about HI DIVE. Which is what Anime Network changed their name to if you haven't paid any attention to streaming in a good while.

Currently I'm using VRV which includes Crunchyroll and HI DIVE(and some non-anime stuff like Boomerang) because they gave me yet another free trial. XD 

The random "bundling" sites like VRV throw me off, like should I just pay a subscription for them or keep on with the Crunchyroll?

Idk. But I think if I had access to anime and K Dramas all the time, I will fade into streaming oblivion and not return.

4 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

The random "bundling" sites like VRV throw me off, like should I just pay a subscription for them or keep on with the Crunchyroll?

Idk. But I think if I had access to anime and K Dramas all the time, I will fade into streaming oblivion and not return.

I have found Netflix to be good for K dramas since Drama Fever died, they don't have as much but most of what they do have is good. I would try Viki but don't have one of those Fire TV/Roku sticks/etc, I do most of my streaming on PS4 and there is no app for that there.

Edited by Gojira Claus

12 minutes ago, Gojira Claus said:

I have found Netflix to be good for K dramas since Drama Fever died, they don't have as much but most of what they do have is good. I would try Viki but don't have one of those Fire TV/Roku sticks/etc, I do most of my streaming on PS4 and there is no app for that there.

Ooo that's good to know and also bad to know about Netflix 😂 I am super jelly of your PS4. Mine died the death. Tbh all the weird middle man things like Roku are confusing to me, like I don't want to spend more money on something when I can use my phone or computer! My roommate has a Roku though 😏

Have you heard of Kocowa? I had a subscription with them for a bit to watch K Drama but cancelled since I am working on my distraction habits.

20 minutes ago, lesans_muse said:

Ooo that's good to know and also bad to know about Netflix 😂 I am super jelly of your PS4. Mine died the death. Tbh all the weird middle man things like Roku are confusing to me, like I don't want to spend more money on something when I can use my phone or computer! My roommate has a Roku though 😏

Have you heard of Kocowa? I had a subscription with them for a bit to watch K Drama but cancelled since I am working on my distraction habits.

Mine ejects disc randomly sometimes but then if I turn it off and unplug it overnight it stops doing it for a few months. I'm hoping it holds out since I hear PS5 will be backwards compatible. I suppose I could just also buy a better monitor for the PC, I only use PS4 because I can use it with my TV.  

I've seen the logo for it somewhere now that you mention it, maybe I should check into it later.

1 hour ago, Gojira Claus said:

Mine ejects disc randomly sometimes but then if I turn it off and unplug it overnight it stops doing it for a few months. I'm hoping it holds out since I hear PS5 will be backwards compatible. I suppose I could just also buy a better monitor for the PC, I only use PS4 because I can use it with my TV.  

I've seen the logo for it somewhere now that you mention it, maybe I should check into it later.

Oh god the random disk eject sounds frustrating 😂 If the PS5 is backwards compatible, that would be super amazing.  

57 minutes ago, lesans_muse said:

Oh god the random disk eject sounds frustrating 😂 If the PS5 is backwards compatible, that would be super amazing.  

I agree and it's confirmed it will be with PS4 games, but don't know if it's going to be all games or if it will be like X1 where the BC list is updated every month or so. I will be happy that there is BC at all but if it's the latter I'll probably have to replace my PS4 eventually. 

Kissanime cause I'm too much of a cheapskate.

That said though, I watch very few new anime, only like 1 or 2 a year. Even with MHA season 4 I haven't started since I prefer waiting until it gets to the halfway point before binge watching it, then waiting for it to finish then power through the second half. I read the manga, so it's not like I'm missing out on the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dread Pirate Roberts said:

Kissanime cause I'm too much of a cheapskate.

That said though, I watch very few new anime, only like 1 or 2 a year. Even with MHA season 4 I haven't started since I prefer waiting until it gets to the halfway point before binge watching it, then waiting for it to finish then power through the second half. I read the manga, so it's not like I'm missing out on the story.

Ooo I'm the same way with shows - I'd much rather binge watch than wait for a new episode each week.  Its interesting how the pace of shows changes bw binge watching for 5 hours and having to wait.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mewn said:

Something that is free >_>;;;;;

But yeah, I'll check out Hulu and Netflix from time to time to see if they have anything.

Amazon Prime has Vinland Saga, I'll probz check that out at some point.

Ahh I always forget about Amazon Prime. 😓

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lesans_muse said:

Ooo I'm the same way with shows - I'd much rather binge watch than wait for a new episode each week.  Its interesting how the pace of shows changes bw binge watching for 5 hours and having to wait.  

for me, I'm far more likely to rewatch an anime that I've already seen before than to go out and watch a new one. I guess it's because the way my schedule is, monday through friday I do 2:30 to 11, I don't really like lying down and watching shows before work, but after work I'm usually getting caught up with other things online like youtubers I follow and also manga series that I follow, or play some games, and then before I know it it's 2am and I try to get to sleep.

Then on the weekends every other weekend I go out and stay over at a buddy of mines house, and when I get back home I'm usually pretty tired. So unless I plan for watching a specific series, it's unlikely for me to decide to just watch one.

7 minutes ago, Dread Pirate Roberts said:

for me, I'm far more likely to rewatch an anime that I've already seen before than to go out and watch a new one. I guess it's because the way my schedule is, monday through friday I do 2:30 to 11, I don't really like lying down and watching shows before work, but after work I'm usually getting caught up with other things online like youtubers I follow and also manga series that I follow, or play some games, and then before I know it it's 2am and I try to get to sleep.

Then on the weekends every other weekend I go out and stay over at a buddy of mines house, and when I get back home I'm usually pretty tired. So unless I plan for watching a specific series, it's unlikely for me to decide to just watch one.

I hear you, its hard to find the time. What are your favorites to rewatch?

I just rewatched Recovery of a MMO Junkie.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, lesans_muse said:

I hear you, its hard to find the time. What are your favorites to rewatch?

I just rewatched Recovery of a MMO Junkie.

As far as older anime goes I'll typically rewatch Inuyasha or Bleach, others I usually watch once every year or so being Steins;gate and also Code Geass. Every other year I'll rewatch Death Note.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

Ahh I always forget about Amazon Prime. 😓

Same here! When I opened it up to watch Man in the High Castle, BAM Vinland Saga came up and I was like "oh yeah, this shet might have anime too".

I wish NANA and Rose of Versailles would go on a streaming site just because I love those two series a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mewn said:

Same here! When I opened it up to watch Man in the High Castle, BAM Vinland Saga came up and I was like "oh yeah, this shet might have anime too".

I wish NANA and Rose of Versailles would go on a streaming site just because I love those two series a lot.

Ah, I started rewatching NANA again the other day and was trying to prepare for the inevitable heartbreak and crying.  I love and identify with both Nana's so much. 😥

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mewn said:

Rose of Versailles used to be but guess the rights were lost. Don't think I've ever seen NANA streaming. I'd probably rewatch that if I did see it somewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gojira Claus said:

Rose of Versailles used to be but guess the rights were lost. Don't think I've ever seen NANA streaming. I'd probably rewatch that if I did see it somewhere.

Damn, I missed it then.

Rose needs to come back >_> I've seen it a few times but the drama, I just can't resist watching it again.

I think forever ago Netflix had NANA, but it disappeared before I was in the mood to rewatch.

9 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

Ah, I started rewatching NANA again the other day and was trying to prepare for the inevitable heartbreak and crying.  I love and identify with both Nana's so much. 😥

Awww ;_; that show is so awesome.

I am soooooooooooo mad that the manga has been forever on hiatus. >__________< IT'S SO CLOSE TO FINISHING TOO.

Ah, I relate more to Nana Osaki 😂 I just can't with Hachi.

But I tolerate her cuz Nana O lavz her. >_> BUT SHE PISSES ME OFF WHEN SHE BREAKS HER HEART.

(I am super pro-yuri, let's put those two together at the end.)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mewn said:

Awww ;_; that show is so awesome.

I am soooooooooooo mad that the manga has been forever on hiatus. >__________< IT'S SO CLOSE TO FINISHING TOO.

Ah, I relate more to Nana Osaki 😂 I just can't with Hachi.

But I tolerate her cuz Nana O lavz her. >_> BUT SHE PISSES ME OFF WHEN SHE BREAKS HER HEART.

(I am super pro-yuri, let's put those two together at the end.)

Hachi is...A LOT! I hear you, its hard to deal with her decisions.  Its nice to see someone so young, driven by romance, and also making mistakes -- Ive been there more than Id like to admit when I was younger. 😅

I should pick the manga back up again, its been a long time.

1 hour ago, lesans_muse said:

Hachi is...A LOT! I hear you, its hard to deal with her decisions.  Its nice to see someone so young, driven by romance, and also making mistakes -- Ive been there more than Id like to admit when I was younger. 😅

I should pick the manga back up again, its been a long time.

True, but still I want to shake her LOL 

Welp, whenever you do you will be disappointed 'cuz you're going to catch up and then see it has been on a hiatus for around 10-ish years >_<

I want to re-read it whenever the mangaka is ready to finish it ~_~

Ai Yazawa got sick and has been on hiatus, but in the past couple of years she has released drawings of the two Nanas for magazines, so I'd like to say she can draw at least >__>

I REALLY NEED HER TO FINISH THIS MANGA CUZ IT'S JUST SO CLOSEEKSMKLFMSLKDF

• Like 1