UnevenEdge

Gundam: The Origins

Vamped

8 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Just got done watching The Advent of the Red Comet ... now I wanna watch the original series but ... then I dont really care whats happening to the Federation and Amuro 

>.>

Also I can't even find it on the streaming services 

For reasons that baffle me, no version of the original series is available for streaming, not even the movie trilogy, and no one wants to adapt the actual Origin manga which is a remake of the original series.

My only guess is that the live action movie, if it ever gets made, will be an adaptation of The Origin, meaning...probably Tom Holland as Amuro.

21 minutes ago, Jman said:

For reasons that baffle me, no version of the original series is available for streaming, not even the movie trilogy, and no one wants to adapt the actual Origin manga which is a remake of the original series.

My only guess is that the live action movie, if it ever gets made, will be an adaptation of The Origin, meaning...probably Tom Holland as Amuro.

Sucks because Im in a mood to watch it. I dont really feel like diving into another gundam series.

They're really pushing this Iron Blooded Orphans one .... but it kinda looks like crap to me ... I dunno 

You probably won't enjoy 0079 too much if you don't care about the Earth forces side of the story, it's also pretty dated; formulaic in the first half but it gets a lot better in the second imo. You could watch the three movies which condense the plot more if you don't enjoy old series too much, but I don't recommend skipping it if you want to watch any of the rest of the UC timeline, unless it's stuff like War in the Pocket and 08th MS Team which are pretty much standalone.

17 minutes ago, scope said:

You probably won't enjoy 0079 too much if you don't care about the Earth forces side of the story, it's also pretty dated; formulaic in the first half but it gets a lot better in the second imo. You could watch the three movies which condense the plot more if you don't enjoy old series too much, but I don't recommend skipping it if you want to watch any of the rest of the UC timeline, unless it's stuff like War in the Pocket and 08th MS Team which are pretty much standalone.

I remember watching the first one too long ago to remember anything important. Im sure I cared about the Federation the first time around because  thats the side they tell the story from but now after Origins I just kinda want to watch it from Char's perspective.

I remember more of the 08th MS team than 79. While I was looking for it though, 08th MS team is available on streaming.