UnevenEdge

Your top 3 metal singers??

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

@GuyBeardmane Scorpions is one of my all time favorite bands, but mainly for their 1972 - 1976 material. Are you familiar with any of that stuff? For me Klaus' best vocal performance (in the studio anyway) goes all the way back to their 1972 debut...

That is amazing.  I'm really only familiar with the tunes from their most popular period but I obviously have a lot to go back through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

That is amazing.  I'm really only familiar with the tunes from their most popular period but I obviously have a lot to go back through.

Glad I could help. 😀The sound they had on Lonesome Crow only lasted for that one album. Their next album, Fly to the Rainbow, sounded completely different, but no less awesome. Their next album, In Trance begins to show what the Scorpions would become, but it still has plenty of Hendrix-isms from Uli Jon Roth. Virgin Killer is more or less a continuation of what they developed on In Trance, but I think Virgin Killer is the better album of the two. In Trance ain't no slouch though, and has some of their best songs.

Their last album before Matthias Jabs joined, Taken By Force, seems to be the most popular Scorpions album from fans of this period of the band, but it's my least favorite from this period, the only one I don't love. Because of prevailing opinion, I urge you to look into that one too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Oh, also, @GuyBeardmane you may come across the original banned cover artwork for Virgin Killer. Just letting you mentally prepare for that.

The vast majority of pressings of the album have a benign picture of the band.

I was about to ask if it was "Smell the Glove" bad, BUT IT'S WORSE.

• Like 1