UnevenEdge

retro gaming convention

Distortedreasoning

aww man spent more than what i was planning to. got me some saturn fighting games, splatterhouse and kid dracula for fami, and some controllers for my n64 and saturn. oh and some hu cards. played a bunch of arcade games. robotron 2084 is addicting. im usually a cheap guy but if the right games catch my eye i just break down. good times. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

no cosplaying for me. i usually dont.

but there were some good video game cosplayers. like a sonic on a unicorn playing the bafpipe lol. saw some good final fantasy ones. and plenty that i didnt recognize. 

It can be a real time consumer. lol 

That's pretty dope! I found at they are going to have a small con here on campus next month. And I bought the ticket. lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

It can be a real time consumer. lol 

That's pretty dope! I found at they are going to have a small con here on campus next month. And I bought the ticket. lol

yes. especially if you want it to look good. 

are you planning on cosplaying for the upcoming con? i think its been a while since i remember you doing it. 

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

yes. especially if you want it to look good. 

are you planning on cosplaying for the upcoming con? i think its been a while since i remember you doing it. 

lol last time I cosplayed was December. So it's almost been a year. I kinda wanna do two cosplays. One for halloween, I'm thinking of like a casual Sailor Moon outfit and then one for the con. Maybe waitress Diane from SDS or something from Mob Psycho 100

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

nice little collection you got there. tho i can only make out the gc games and switch games. and 1 n64 games. 

i dont think i could post all of my stuff. just too much lol.

You mean you don't recognize that mystical black cart known as Aidyn's Chronicles? Yellow and gold carts are easy, I didn't know anyone without a gold Majora's Mask cart. I'd do close ups so you could make stuff out, but to hell with that. I already cleaned it up anyway. And most of the Dreamcast games were handwritten by me. I had a legit collection but I loaned my DC to a guy doing more cocaine than I realized because I wasn't playing it for a while.

Really regret selling my PS2, and it might be weird that it's one of the huge regrets I have.

19 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

lol last time I cosplayed was December. So it's almost been a year. I kinda wanna do two cosplays. One for halloween, I'm thinking of like a casual Sailor Moon outfit and then one for the con. Maybe waitress Diane from SDS or something from Mob Psycho 100

my mistake. i just didnt remember any that were that recent lol. you totally should do it!

10 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

You mean you don't recognize that mystical black cart known as Aidyn's Chronicles? Yellow and gold carts are easy, I didn't know anyone without a gold Majora's Mask cart. I'd do close ups so you could make stuff out, but to hell with that. I already cleaned it up anyway. And most of the Dreamcast games were handwritten by me. I had a legit collection but I loaned my DC to a guy doing more cocaine than I realized because I wasn't playing it for a while.

Really regret selling my PS2, and it might be weird that it's one of the huge regrets I have.

when i quoted your post it cut off like half your collection but it doesnt change much. can only tell some of your wii stuff but not much of the xbox stuff. the n64 carts are great. that black cart could have been wwf no mercy! lol. i do know they made gray zelda carts but i think theres more of the gold ones? idk but dk64 is super easy. i got about 20-30 dc titles but missing a bunch of shmups i want to get for the system. 

ps2 is not too high on my radar but i do have a japanese ps2 slim with a few games. and yes prices on those ps2 titles going up so hope you didnt have any of those titles. 

7 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

my mistake. i just didnt remember any that were that recent lol. you totally should do it!

Well it depends on my mood, timing, and if I can find a fabric store nearby. lol Are you gonna dress up for halloween? Or do stuffs? There are plenty of student activities to do here, but I kinda want to go drinking. >_>

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

when i quoted your post it cut off like half your collection but it doesnt change much. can only tell some of your wii stuff but not much of the xbox stuff. the n64 carts are great. that black cart could have been wwf no mercy! lol. i do know they made gray zelda carts but i think theres more of the gold ones? idk but dk64 is super easy. i got about 20-30 dc titles but missing a bunch of shmups i want to get for the system. 

ps2 is not too high on my radar but i do have a japanese ps2 slim with a few games. and yes prices on those ps2 titles going up so hope you didnt have any of those titles. 

DC games are ridiculously easy to burn and I only share that because I know how hard it is to find games. 

Luckily i played the hell out of all my PS2 games. And PS2 emulation is getting easier. I still have Godhand and Disgaea 3, dammit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

Well it depends on my mood, timing, and if I can find a fabric store nearby. lol Are you gonna dress up for halloween? Or do stuffs? There are plenty of student activities to do here, but I kinda want to go drinking. >_>

probably not. its been a few years since i last dressed up, and its not much time left to come up with a costume. also its a thursday night so im playing magic and watching football lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

DC games are ridiculously easy to burn and I only share that because I know how hard it is to find games. 

Luckily i played the hell out of all my PS2 games. And PS2 emulation is getting easier. I still have Godhand and Disgaea 3, dammit.

yes they made the dc very easy to burn the games. i still rather have og copies but games are really expensive so this is viable too. 

ps2 has some nice mods where you can install a hard drive and just load games from there. 

34 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

probably not. its been a few years since i last dressed up, and its not much time left to come up with a costume. also its a thursday night so im playing magic and watching football lol. 

magic the gathering and football sound super fun. They do always have pumpkin beer! lmao

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

its awesome lol. tho they recently banned my all time favorite deck 😥

pumpkin beer? i do like pumpkin stuff but not sure how it would taste in beer...

I’m sorry. What kind of deck was it?

It’s like a hint of it in flavor. I’ve had blue moon  pumpkin flavor and it wasn’t bad, really light. And I’ve had the dogfish Head punkin ale a couple times because it’s pretty good. lol

Edited by jackiemarie90

5 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

It’s like a hint of it in flavor. I’ve had blue moon  pumpkin flavor and it wasn’t bad, really light. And I’ve had the dogfish Head punkin ale a couple times because it’s pretty good. lol

im not too big of a beer drinker anyways. im more into hard liquor lol. and even then im not really drinking much. but i might try some pumpkin beer just to check it out lol. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

That sounds like a good way to separate me from my money. I like buying old games because I see mostly no reason to shell out 60 bucks a game just to stay current. There are a lot of weird games I'd miss out on if I tried to keep up.

There are a lot of really great ones, too. The Witcher 3 is worth the investment, imo...  been playing the crap out of that one.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:08 AM, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

There are like 10 or so black N64 carts. Turok 2/3 and Road Rash are ones I know off the top of my head.