UnevenEdge

I have question about last ep of InuYasha (spoilers)

Phillies

• In the final episode of the series, Kagome returns to the Feudal Era permanently and, although it is not directly explained, it can be inferred from the disappearance of the Jewel and the embrace of farewell with her mother, that Kagome can never return to the Modern Era. Further confirmation that she can no longer travel through time via the well is in the special chapter Since Then, situated six months after the end of the series.[clarification needed]

I always assumed the well was working again and she could come and go as she pleased just like before. I doubt her mother would have wanted her to go if she'd never see her again. Seems like no one has a clear answer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Daos said:
  • In the final episode of the series, Kagome returns to the Feudal Era permanently and, although it is not directly explained, it can be inferred from the disappearance of the Jewel and the embrace of farewell with her mother, that Kagome can never return to the Modern Era. Further confirmation that she can no longer travel through time via the well is in the special chapter Since Then, situated six months after the end of the series.[clarification needed]

I always assumed the well was working again and she could come and go as she pleased just like before. I doubt her mother would have wanted her to go if she'd never see her again. Seems like no one has a clear answer.

Yeah I don't think her mom really would have wanted this.  

I am trying to figure out also why the well has chosen to open again in the first place? I don't see any reason at all since the to my understand the jewl was responsible for opening the well in the first place?? 

21 minutes ago, Daos said:

Well her mom did let her teenage daughter fuck around 500 years in the past and frequently get into mortal peril with nothing more than a "See you later!", sooooo...

• Haha 1

Given the reaction of her mom and her brother's comment when he talks about how his sister got married right after high school, I'd still assume that she can visit her family. At the end her grandfather was talking about his Uric acid levels and no one displayed any sense of sadness at never being able to see Kagome again, or any indication that they missed her. It's possible her family just hated her, but the tone of the final episode always led me to believe she could come and go when she wanted just as before. Never being able to see your family and friends again would have been a pretty big deal to leave completely untouched on.

The entire reason Kagome claims the well stopped working in the first place was because of her feelings. Given wishy washy reasoning like that I'd say the likelyhood she never sees her family again would be zero.

21 hours ago, Daos said:

Given the reaction of her mom and her brother's comment when he talks about how his sister got married right after high school, I'd still assume that she can visit her family. At the end her grandfather was talking about his Uric acid levels and no one displayed any sense of sadness at never being able to see Kagome again, or any indication that they missed her. It's possible her family just hated her, but the tone of the final episode always led me to believe she could come and go when she wanted just as before. Never being able to see your family and friends again would have been a pretty big deal to leave completely untouched on.

The entire reason Kagome claims the well stopped working in the first place was because of her feelings. Given wishy washy reasoning like that I'd say the likelyhood she never sees her family again would be zero.

I just rewatched the show and Kagome's little brother says Kagome is gone and got married. So the only way he would know that is if Kagome came back and said something.. actually the show doesn't directly state I don't think that Kagome and inuyasha got married. perhaps someone and clarify this.