UnevenEdge

INB4 I regret paying $60 plus for a pokemon game.

PhilosipherStoned

I got let's go evee. It's ok I guess. I'm about to give it another go. I wasn't far from bed when I turned it on last night. The two player option for double battles is nifty. My girlfriend got to play some pokemans after I figured out the random girl trainer that kept spawning around me was controllable. I still need to get through Viridian forest. 

I'm not a big fan of pokemon go so I am really kind of wondering if this is gonna be worth the buy. It looks like the pokmeon go mechanics are more or less just for if you want to link your pokemon go account though. 

Tip for others because the double battle option should be something you have to turn on if you ask me.. but if both joy cons are on I guess it spawns another trainer to double battle with you, and use your pokemon. 

All you have to do is go into the options and change the battle style to "set"  if you want to play solo. Maybe it'll actually be more fun playing solo.. I don't really like the pokemon go style catching system, but battles don't seem to be about size as much as pokemon go so maybe the slightly changed story, and enhanced graphics will keep me playing through it.. 

It's cutesy as f for sure. Evee rides on your head and random pokemon seem to jump out of their pokeballs..If anybody here actually still plays pokemon go let me know how the account link works.

Maybe I can give it..another go if you can actually share items between accounts. I already have 55 pokeballs from just playing an hour, and plenty of berries. You get them from trainer battles in game so maybe no more visiting random shady places at night for some pokeballs?

Sun and moon were actually decent to me with a pretty enthralling story, but yeah that's the general feeling. I think I was expecting something more like the poken tournament game when I picked this up. I started following some gamers who were sounding pretty hopeful for pokemon on the switch, so I thought I'd check this one out. 

It has enough new perks to warrant a new game maybe.. but I'd already read it's not for "hardcore" fans anyway, So I'm not upset about the more gimmicky yellow version set up.. Which is really all it was meant to be.