UnevenEdge

My Hero Acadamia CD Drama causes rape/homophobia controversy

mochi

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/02/19/my-hero-academia-drama-cd-controversy-sexual-harassment-anime/

apparently a New My Hero Acadamia CD Drama released in Japan and fans are....not....having it

in the plot the students get a new teacher and all hate him, he turns out to be gay, and has a quirk that is the embodiment of the "your resistance only makes me harder"

Image result for your resistance only makes me harder

meme, and he begins to force himself on Bakugo and Todoroki, before Deku stops him

giphy.gif

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, mochi said:

I mean Jumpforce actually did Make Deku Racist.....among...other terrible things about that game

One line that was a meme.  He wasn’t actually racist.  I mean the game is shit, but Deku isn’t portrayed as racist.

36 minutes ago, elfie said:

Did Jump Force intentionally do that?

more than likely by accident due to them not actually researching any of the character's proper characterizations in their series

basically Deku IMMEDIATELY assumes Piccolo is evil because of his skin-color, antennae, and ears

which is stupid, since Deku is friends with several people with non-human skin-tones and body parts

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blatch said:

The post is written in an authoritative way that implies the developers did do it on purpose. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably lacks basic reading comprehension skills. :|

in the defense of everyone involved with the MHA thing

CD Dramas are actually just improv skits released as bonuses with manga volumes/DVD's in japan, so it's entirely possible nobody ever thought of the implications of what they recorded, and didn't think it would bother anyone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mochi said:

more than likely by accident due to them not actually researching any of the character's proper characterizations in their series

basically Deku IMMEDIATELY assumes Piccolo is evil because of his skin-color, antennae, and ears

which is stupid, since Deku is friends with several people with non-human skin-tones and body parts

Which is bullshit because Deku comes from a world where people with quirks are labeled as either heroes or villains.