UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 216 Discussion

I'm watching Shippuden, and I rarely watch an episode, maybe once every two months on Toonami, and I missed everything in Naruto after about episode 60, but I find it hilarious how it STILL HAS episodes like this when they play this somber music for a flashback to try to make the people watching it cry, but I just laugh because nothing about Naruto is sad because it's such a little kids show. That only works when you actually have deep characters and an intriguing plot. 😏

• Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

It's hilarious how few actual friendship moments Naruto and Sasuke have. xD

all their "friendship" moments are more like sexual tension

either Kishimoto is  SUPER GAY and in denial or he has no idea what male/male friendships are like

1 minute ago, mochi said:

Shonen manga clichee

Having the main male characters have longingful romantic flashbacks to their time together

then suddenly aggressively make out with women and pretend all the gay subtext never happened

I don't think it's ever gayer or milked more than this show does it.

Just now, mochi said:

all their "friendship" moments are more like sexual tension

either Kishimoto is  SUPER GAY and in denial or he has no idea what male/male friendships are like

Coupled with the whole "I can't write women because I can't relate to them" thing, and how Naruto and Sasuke act, I think Kishimoto just doesn't know how people work lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't think it's ever gayer or milked more than this show does it.

definitely not this show takes it to a level where it reaches a point that Naruto and Sasuke marrying girls and getting them pregnant is actually a literal insult to the viewer's intelligence

some shows like Voltron or Fairy Tail have SLIGHT shiptease moments with the guys....but this show seemed like it was straight up Canon that Naruto wanted Sasuke's ass at almost every chance it had

then suddenly he's got a wife and their son has a Spin-off

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1

How the hell does killing literally everyone in the village make sense as revenge for what Hidden Leaf higher ups ordered?  Though I hope the Hokage wasn't involved.

It's been a long time since Naruto did the closed eyes smiling thing.

• Like 1

I didn't think it was possible but this is getting even gayer!

Why are you so fixated on me.  Lmao he said it.

Pfft Sasuke got shook when he said he was his friend.

Naruto you're delusional.  There's nothing left to save!

Lmao Sakura is pathetic and she knows it.