UnevenEdge

High Score Girl Discussion

Hidden

GO5DW7u.jpg

Synopsis: The year is 1991 and 6th grader Yaguchi Haruo only has video games to live for. He's not popular in school and he's neither handsome, funny, nice nor even friendly. The only thing he has going for him is that he is good at video games. One day at the local arcade, he plays Oono Akira, a fellow classmate but who's popular, smart, pretty and a rich girl that absolutely destroys him at Street Fighter II. Not only does he lose to her 30 times in a row, he can’t beat her at any game. Haruo can’t seem to shake Akira off as she follows him from arcade to arcade everyday after school and beats him every time. As weird as it sounds, the odd couple begins a strange bond and friendship. (MAL)

I may be the only one watching this shit. Who knows if ill even type in here by the week.

i was ready for this since it was about arcades and fighting games and a few months back, i picked up some arcade sticks after deciding to get back into fighting games like i was in the past, especially after hearing about street fighter 30th anniversary.

and what do you know--they talk about 30th anniversary in this. too good.

this show is nothing special but its nice and goofy, and if youre into fighting games at all, or like the idea of funny shenanigans surrounding them, then give it a watch. it'll also take you back to the old days if you ever played tekken, sf, etc., in the arcade like i did, so thats nice.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

oono cutest girl JP.

she kinda went from wanting to kick his ass in every game to trying to play games with him so she can flirt pretty quickly. cute relationship.

and its staying funny too.

Edited by Hidden

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm like an episode or so behind, but I'm about at that seasonal point where I drop a buncha shows, especially since the only ones I really like this season are this show and Planet With (excluding carry-overs from that packed spring season which was awesome but exhausting)

2 hours ago, scope said:

Think I'm like an episode or so behind, but I'm about at that seasonal point where I drop a buncha shows, especially since the only ones I really like this season are this show and Planet With (excluding carry-overs from that packed spring season which was awesome but exhausting)

word i have one to catch up with as well.

i think im something like a week behind the others (3 or so?) but im pretty sure i managed to actually find shows i want to watch till the end...and not ones ill have sit there and eventually drop cause i failed to give a shit about them again.

wait what are you watching from spring thats good.

besides lupin. @scope

Edited by Hidden

21 hours ago, Hidden said:

word i have one to catch up with as well.

i think im something like a week behind the others (3 or so?) but im pretty sure i managed to actually find shows i want to watch till the end...and not ones ill have sit there and eventually drop cause i failed to give a shit about them again.

wait what are you watching from spring thats good.

besides lupin. @scope

My Hero Academia

Steins;Gate 0

Major

Haven't seen the new Lupin yet, Spring was crazy

19 hours ago, scope said:

My Hero Academia

Steins;Gate 0

Major

Haven't seen the new Lupin yet, Spring was crazy

lupin went wayy over my head. thought that was coming later this year.

did you watch megalo box? i have a person who said i should watch but its sports....you know how i feel about most sports anime.

1 hour ago, Hidden said:

lupin went wayy over my head. thought that was coming later this year.

did you watch megalo box? i have a person who said i should watch but its sports....you know how i feel about most sports anime.

Loved Megalo Box, real throwback of a series, it doesn't really have the feel most sports anime do (i.e kid wants to be good at sport and creates club to have a gay ol' time with his pals) it's more raw, in fact not liking sports anime probably means you would like this one.

Golden Kamuy was great last season too, bit of a clunker of a first episode but the rest was awesome.

• Haha 1