UnevenEdge

randomc is down

Satou Kazuma

Yeah, it's been down since the weekend cause one of the hard drives that helped run the site crashed. It's been taking a while mostly cause of the process behind swapping out the bad drive and backing up data as well as those running the hardware aspect of the site having to set aside time to fix everything up.

For the meantime, I've got drafts for Persona 5, Uma Musume, and Cutie Honey Universe on standby. There isn't an ETA yet though so I can see myself having to hold those aside as well as the upcoming ones for Comic Girls and this month's Today's Menu for Emiya Family. 

Hopefully they're able to patch things up cause it's fun to make posts on there, but it is alarming for it to cause the entire site to crash. 

• Sad 1

The good news is that the hard drive is replaced and the array was rebuilt, but the back-up and interface just need to be aligned. Everyone's working from different parts of the world so it's challenging to coordinate, but the process is looking to be going along smoothly.

Whether its up by the end of the week or next week hasn't been determined, but we're in the phase where we're discussing how we'd schedule the posts from last week so there's some progress being made if we're thinking about that and not how solutions would be fixed. At the very least, the problem was more with the hardware taking a crap and nothing was hacked or compromised. 

Yeah, things are looking up now that the sites starting to return. We’re being told that it needs updates though so it’s been shifted into a maintenance mode to ensure that we don’t add anything while it’s going through the proper updates it needs before they’re comfortable having us post again

Of note: one thing you'll notice is that the voting system in the comments are gone.  This isn't a bug. They're gone for good.  The reason is because it was "slowing down" the sections, or something.  I find this better actually. It eliminates competition and assery.

Edited by elfie

Yeah, the voting function was a plug-in that wasn't meshing with the newer Wordpress updates that had to be made to bring back the site's functionality (Mainly, the Comments section and Side Bar) and the plug-in itself wasn't being maintained any longer, so the main reasoning behind it was out of site performance. There wasn't a round-table discussion on the ethics of a voting system so it was a sudden change that came with bringing the site back up.