UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Final Episode (#50) Discussion

25 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

They did.

Remember that brief bit about how Tiewaz prospered by making a deal with Rustal, that was the Turbines.

Also, this is kind of a flip on the traditional Gundam formula, where the secondary characters all die and the main characters make pseudo-poignant remarks about them in the epilogue.

I must've missed that.

48 minutes ago, mochi said:

most of the main cast died, a handful lived to tease at a 3rd Season

basically the two gay boys lived, Atra and Kudelia lived (and are apparently a lesbian couple now raising Mikazuki's son), the black mechanic guy and the white lady with the 1950's TV mom hairdo lived and had a baby, and Ride lived and is apparently a serial killer now

Ride (the red-head) was one of the few Tekkadan members who couldn't get over that he failed. Sure he killed Nobliss, but he was considered a high-ranking philanthropist in the eyes of the public, and that denied Ride the same bittersweet ending as the others. Instead he's a ruined outlaw, trying to erase his enemies on his own hands.

Well, THIS is interesting:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-05-07/gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-voice-actor-see-you-in-the-movie-version/.115794

Granted, there has been no movement on this for a whole year, but why would Mikazuki's Japanese VA hint that he'll be in the movie, unless Mikazuki isn't really dead, and was simply left for dead after Barbatos was beheaded by Julieta? Perhaps she really didn't feel like finishing the job, and he's really hiding somewhere...

tumblr_p7vepasl8m1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

But it's a LOT more likely that we're talking compilation movie, and Mikazuki's Japanese VA has a few more scenes yet to be animated.

Just for the record, the movie I REALLY wanna see in the IBO sub-franchise is the Calamity War.

If we DO have a Season 3, it needs to be a full-on re-enactment of the Calamity War. Perhaps Akatsuki could grow up to pilot Bael?

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Confused 1

Had no idea the show was ending tonight.  Didn't seem like there was enough time to wrap things up.  After watching, it appears I was right.

Surprised those generic fodder kids they introduced at the last minute didn't all bite it. 

Walk faster you fools!

I don't think that's why they're scared, Mika.

Are you serious with this?  The fucking lances again?  Which can penetrate the atmosphere apparently.  Lafter and Orga getting shot by goons was bad enough, but this is how you take out Mikazuki and Akihiro?  Even that douche McGillis went out fighting an epic battle.  Talk about some bullshit cheap shot unearned deaths.  Though they shouldn't be dying in the first place!

Yay Iok got squished like the bug he is! 

And there goes Akihiro.  Why did he have to die?  And could it have killed them to reference Lafter more directly?

So that deluded sycophantic woman is the one that finishes off Mikazuki.  Ugh.

Time skip to... Oh you can't be serious.

Rustal not only gets away with everything, but gets to take on the image of the great reformer?  I would compare this to something but there's nothing.  I can't even imagine shitty troll writing of this level anywhere else.

Besides that, what would motivate Rustal to do all this given everything we've seen from him in the past?  Seemed to me like he was perfectly happy with the status quo and being as shady as possible.

Not only do I not get why Rustal would do this, regardless of how much power it might give him, all this other stuff just falling neatly into place for a happily ever after (for the world at least) is ridiculous.  It's like the writers got so focused on this arc with Tekkadan running and hoping to disappear that they forgot to tie up everything else that been set up in the rest of the world.  And fucking Rustal is the one that brings about all the change and reform apparently.  LOL.

So now butterbitch has had a change of heart and realizes that Tekkadan were good people.  Ok then lol.  And now Gaelio wants to jump her decidedly unmeaty bones for some reason.  Who cares about these fools?  Why are we wasting time on them?

Kudelia looks pretty.  Takaki was not aged up properly.  His head is too small for his body.  Silliness.  Who was the Elric looking person in the mechanic outfit?

Seeing all these guys in suit jobs just isn't right lol.

I have no idea what that earring is supposed to be referencing.

Merrabit and that guy had kids.  Yay for random couple no one was invested in!

So Noblesse died a humiliating death on the crapper, capped by Ride of all people.   That's great, but Rustal is still walking and breathing and being praised as a savior.

Go home to see the man she loves.  Oh Mika is still alive!  Naaaawww it's the fuckin kid!  They named him Akatsuki?!  HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!  Oh and talk about shitty troll writing lmao. *sigh* Oh Kishimoto.

Uuhh not sure what to think about Atra's new look.  Her hair long like that... Eh. Baggy tomboyish clothes like before, but...

Ok not sure about Akatsuki either.  Mika's eyes and her hair... o_O

Just... man... what the hell happened here?  It's like the writer's room ceiling collapsed.  Asspulled and slapped together out of nowhere and about as unsatisfying and trolling as humanly possible.  WORST.  ENDING.  EVER!  Honestly I feel like this whole second season just never should have happened.

Go figure, this is one of two Gundam shows that I actually like and they make this questionable second season full of baffling writing decisions and missed opportunities and they lay the cherry on top with this finale.  Lots of stupid shit has happened up until now but there were still some redeeming aspects and things that could be salvaged.  But with this ending it's like they not only failed to do that but actively attempted to ruin the show as much as possible.  So, so, angry right now.

• Sad 1

Fair enough. Riddhe lived, and he had done a pretty deplorable thing 3 episodes prior. But he was no Rustal. And the Rustal of that series, Full Frontal, died after the last battle.

What's weird is the last episode wasn't so much of a battle, more like a rescue mission, as Banagher had to evolve to stop a laser from destroying an entire colony. But it was more of a non-ending, since there is a sequel on the way (Gundam NT/Narrative).

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Who was the Elric looking person in the mechanic outfit?

I have no idea what that earring is supposed to be referencing.

Go home to see the man she loves.  Oh Mika is still alive!  Naaaawww it's the fuckin kid!  They named him Akatsuki?!  HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!  Oh and talk about shitty troll writing lmao. *sigh* Oh Kishimoto.

Uuhh not sure what to think about Atra's new look.  Her hair long like that... Eh. Baggy tomboyish clothes like before, but...

Pretty much agree with your whole post, decent show but messy as hell finale and just a messy second season overall.

Do you mean the guy in the white outfit with the ponytail? That was Yamagi.

The earrings are the Tekkadan symbol.

LMAO, not that Akatsuki lol. xD Since Mikazuki apparently means "moon of the third night" they apparently picked Akatsuki for the "Dawn" or "Daybreak" meaning.

I actually rather liked Atra's ending design, especially since it didn't lose all of the tomboy touches.

This guy, right?

latest?cb=20170403054852

Like Mochi confirmed, it's Yamagi's new look; this guy:

latest?cb=20170226194715 latest?cb=20170227102534

ND0KLIS.jpg

First pic I could find of the earrings

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Pretty much agree with your whole post, decent show but messy as hell finale and just a messy second season overall.

LMAO, not that Akatsuki lol. xD Since Mikazuki apparently means "moon of the third night" they apparently picked Akatsuki for the "Dawn" or "Daybreak" meaning.

I actually rather liked Atra's ending design, especially since it didn't lose all of the tomboy touches.

This guy, right?

latest?cb=20170403054852

Reveal hidden contents

ND0KLIS.jpg

Yeah I mean the first season wasn't a masterpiece or anything but it was pretty good.  But this second season, and especially this ending.  Hoo boy.

Well it's the exact same name.  I see... wonder if that plays into the faction name.  Looking at that last picture, that kid still looks goofy to me.

Yeah I guess.  Atra's hair doesn't look right like that though.  Still has all that weird shaping but now it's long.  Looks like it came alive!  And thing is, with that baggy clothes, do we even know her body type?

So it's Yamagi really?  So pretty I thought that was a girl at first! :D

The Tekkadan symbol was red.  The color difference and the fact the earring is 3D must have thrown me off.  I thought that might be the symbol but wasn't sure.

27 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah I mean the first season wasn't a masterpiece or anything but it was pretty good.  But this second season, and especially this ending.  Hoo boy.

Well it's the exact same name.  I see... wonder if that plays into the faction name.  Looking at that last picture, that kid still looks goofy to me.

Yeah I guess.  Atra's hair doesn't look right like that though.  Still has all that weird shaping but now it's long.  Looks like it came alive!  And thing is, with that baggy clothes, do we even know her body type?

So it's Yamagi really?  So pretty I thought that was a girl at first! :D

The Tekkadan symbol was red.  The color difference and the fact the earring is 3D must have thrown me off.  I thought that might be the symbol but wasn't sure.

Yeah.

Yeah lol, it is the same name in the end haha.

Yup, it seems like they mostly kept it the same but just made it longer and grew it out.

latest?cb=20180405114124

Haha.

Yeah, her earrings just don't have the red like how they usually show the full symbol on its own. Though their jackets use the white-ish version too, so I guess it's just as common. I think it mainly hit me that those earrings were the symbol when Kudelia basically told Rustal she considers them her family, their deaths honorable, etc.

Edited by DangerMouse

57 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah.

Yeah lol, it is the same name in the end haha.

Yup, it seems like they mostly kept it the same but just made it longer and grew it out.

latest?cb=20180405114124

Haha.

Yeah, her earrings just don't have the red like how they usually show the full symbol on its own. Though their jackets use the white-ish version too, so I guess it's just as common. I think it mainly hit me that those earrings were the symbol when Kudelia basically told Rustal she considers them her family, their deaths honorable, etc.

I really hope they weren't hinting at a sequel because... no.  Lol.

Her hair looks so weird! >_<

I don't remember seeing a white version.  It's red because of the whole blood thing after all.  I don't know how Kudelia could even talk to Rustal all casually and politely like that after everything he did.

Edited by ben0119

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

This guy, right?

latest?cb=20170403054852

Reveal hidden contents

ND0KLIS.jpg

It's like they were forced an end date to the production out of the blue and scrambled to find ways to make some kind of ending at the last minute> "UUUH UUUH UUUH JUST KILL EM OFF IN A DRIVE BY SHOOTING!" "But that doesn't have anything to do the mechs!" "JUST DO IT!"

• Like 1