UnevenEdge

What are your thoughts on the trend of heavily 3d cgi'd movies and series?

Guest The Hound

Guest The Hound

It's growing on me.

When done properly it really makes fight scenes fantastic.

Unpopular opinion here, but I'm a super huge fan of the Berserk reboot, starting from the first movie in 2011 I think?

Guest The Hound

Yup and the worst part was there were a few fight scenes  that were done properly in it. Same with how db super started off but berserk never got better lol

Guest The Hound
4 hours ago, wagz said:

//> depending on the quality of the content and consistency of animation ill give it a shot   im a fan of early 3dcgi tv shows ./

have you seen or read berserk?

I'm cool if it's background frames or items in 2D anime (like if a car, crowd, or banana needs CGI), but I'm strongly prejudiced against 3D anime and the stiffness of anime doesn't translate well with janky 3D models.

I would probably enjoy it more if they were animated like RWBY where they look like video game cutscenes with fluid animation but lower res models instead of the stiff jerky movements and higher res models that anime studios went with for the Netflix 3D anime, the new Fist of the North Star, and Ronja the Robbers Daughter.

• 3 weeks later...