UnevenEdge

New Dragon Ball "Ultra" movie announced for December

Slightly new character design in that poster. Also, notice he's holding his staff, something we haven't seen him use in what feels like a lifetime, making me feel like they're again pushing for the older tone of the old shows!  If this is indeed a continuation of the events in Super (as Toriyama says) I wonder why they didn't put Super in the name.

Edited by elfie

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Slightly new character design in that poster. Also, notice he's holding his staff, something we haven't seen him use in what feels like a lifetime, making me feel like they're again pushing for the older tone of the old shows!  If this is indeed a continuation of the events in Super (as Toriyama says) I wonder why they didn't put Super in the name.

maybe they feel Super was a failure because it made some fans like Vegeta and dislike Goku

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mochi said:

maybe they feel Super was a failure because it made some fans like Vegeta and dislike Goku

You really need to cool it with this pro-Vegeta stance.

With the TV anime ending this month, I have a feeling that this will be an original DBS work. Others have suggested that it might recap one of Super's anime-original arcs, but that would seem rather disappointing for that and it being the milestone 20th (Dragon Ball Z + Super) movie in general.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blatch said:

You really need to cool it with this pro-Vegeta stance.

With the TV anime ending this month, I have a feeling that this will be an original DBS work. Others have suggested that it might recap one of Super's anime-original arcs, but that would seem rather disappointing for that and it being the milestone 20th (Dragon Ball Z + Super) movie in general.

I just kinda hope Vegeta does something in the movie

since we're apparently never going to see him keep his promise to visit Planet Sadala

Just now, Blatch said:

That's understandable. It just seems to be the focus of everything Super-related you post right now. :$

yeah I know

I wouldn't say i hate Super but my feelings for it are about the same as GT now, namely that if you think of it as a non-canon "hypothetical" sequel it's decent but if you accept it as Canon it ruins the original DBZ

1 hour ago, elfie said:

There we go. That's what I thought.

HOWEVER, the "Ultra" IS present in a Tweet from a Japanese source once translated into English using Bing Translator:

[Movie information ban] movie [Dragon Ball Ultra] December 14 (Fri) decided to open! The upcoming movie is the next story of an anime that is now airing on TV! The comment of Goku's visual & Bird Toriyama also arrives! Check out the movie official site for more details! → http://www.dbmovie-20th.com

On 3/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, mochi said:

animation is cute (it looks like classic Dragonball)

but I don't like that it looks like Goku is literally the only character

Yeah.

Are you serious?  That's ridiculous that you would even think that.  That's a lot to assume from one piece of promo art and a short clip.

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So it gets better?

They brought in the big guns for the final arc. Naotoshi Shida who is a famous animator who did Battle of the Gods, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, Death Note and a bunch of other stuff and Yuya Takahashi. So yeah, it's better =P

Yuya Takahashi is an animator who made his debut as an animation supervisor starting with episode 114 of Dragon Ball Super. His corrections ignore most of the Dragon Ball Super character design sheets and focuses more on Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT-style character designs. His corrections are very detailed and heavily distinguishable from most of other supervisors' corrections.

Yuya Takashi was also a key animator for the first opening and episode 13 of Dragon Ball Super and was a key animator for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of 'F'.

Outside Dragon Ball series, he is famous of his works in Fairy Tail, Senki Zesshou Symphogear G#12, and Saint Seiya Omega.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ben0119 said:

So it gets better?

it does.....but not for quite a while

minor spoiler that literally every character (except Yamcha) gets a moment in the spotlight in the final arc, especially Vegeta....though he doesn't get to defeat the main big bad because of course he's not the MC, but he at least does have a decent headcount in the final arc, unlike literally every earlier arc where he literally does nothing

On 3/23/2018 at 8:29 AM, Daos said:

They brought in the big guns for the final arc. Naotoshi Shida who is a famous animator who did Battle of the Gods, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, Death Note and a bunch of other stuff and Yuya Takahashi. So yeah, it's better =P

Yuya Takahashi is an animator who made his debut as an animation supervisor starting with episode 114 of Dragon Ball Super. His corrections ignore most of the Dragon Ball Super character design sheets and focuses more on Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT-style character designs. His corrections are very detailed and heavily distinguishable from most of other supervisors' corrections.

Yuya Takashi was also a key animator for the first opening and episode 13 of Dragon Ball Super and was a key animator for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of 'F'.

Outside Dragon Ball series, he is famous of his works in Fairy Tail, Senki Zesshou Symphogear G#12, and Saint Seiya Omega.

Oh, that's great to hear.  And given what that guy did as far as character designs, maybe if this guy came in earlier we could've had purple haired Future Trunks. xD

Fairy Tail's animation isn't very good though. D:

On 3/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, mochi said:

it does.....but not for quite a while

minor spoiler that literally every character (except Yamcha) gets a moment in the spotlight in the final arc, especially Vegeta....though he doesn't get to defeat the main big bad because of course he's not the MC, but he at least does have a decent headcount in the final arc, unlike literally every earlier arc where he literally does nothing

I was mainly talking about the subpar visuals.  I haven't thought the show's story has been that bad so far, past the movie arcs, at least.  I say anyone should definitely watch Battle of Gods and Resurrection F since they weren't done very well in Super.  And I don't agree with you that Vegeta has done nothing, but I'm not going to argue with you about that since it's fruitless.