UnevenEdge

Conspiracy theory about the show Space Dandy replaced

mochi

they said that "Legal issues" are what caused them to have to postpone it

and unless the show itself is being sued for plagiarism, or the show's content itself being somehow illegal in the U.S. there's ONLY ONE OTHER "legal issue" that I can imagine would delay a show's airing

a write off, CN and AS have written off several shows from the Stuart Snyder Era and shotly before, BUT have previously reversed a write off for a show Prior to bring it to Toonami, that show being IGPX

so due to that, there is a small handfull of of written off Anime-type series that I know of CN having written off that could very well be the show Toonami postponed with Space Dandy

Symbionic Titan: was written off right after Toonami's second reairing basically without their consent

Megas XLR: was also written off and the creator left CN for Disney to develop a spiritual Remake (which was also later written off)

Thundercats 2011: the possibility that Toonami wants this show....would make sense....since it was meant to be an adult show to begin with

Yeah, I'm still thinking it's probably Star Blazers 2199. If that's the case, replacing Outlaw Star with it would make perfect sense, especially if O.S. remains at 2 AM. It would be a space opera replacing a space opera. It also was produced in 2011, making it about as old as the current episodes of Shippuden (2010), so it can stay ahead of it for thematic similarities with Dandy and Bebop.

11 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, I'm still thinking it's probably Star Blazers 2199. If that's the case, replacing Outlaw Star with it would make perfect sense, especially if O.S. remains at 2 AM. It would be a space opera replacing a space opera. It also was produced in 2011, making it about as old as the current episodes of Shippuden (2010), so it can stay ahead of it for thematic similarities with Dandy and Bebop.

Toonami 2018, ALL SPACE, ALL THE TIME

but seriously some of the people on this site argue that even anime from 2013 are "too old" for Toonami to license so why would they license a show from 2012?

• Like 1

I stand corrected. Star Blazers 2199 actually aired in Japan in 2013. That said, it still would be most fitting between Shippuden and Space Dandy when Outlaw Star ends. However, as a direct replacement for Lupin at 1:30, it also would have been fine. But having Space Dandy now complicates things so I say if that IS the show, bring it on at 2 AM after Shippuden.

Edited by OwlChemist81

15 hours ago, mochi said:

they said that "Legal issues" are what caused them to have to postpone it

and unless the show itself is being sued for plagiarism, or the show's content itself being somehow illegal in the U.S. there's ONLY ONE OTHER "legal issue" that I can imagine would delay a show's airing

a write off, CN and AS have written off several shows from the Stuart Snyder Era and shotly before, BUT have previously reversed a write off for a show Prior to bring it to Toonami, that show being IGPX

so due to that, there is a small handfull of of written off Anime-type series that I know of CN having written off that could very well be the show Toonami postponed with Space Dandy

Symbionic Titan: was written off right after Toonami's second reairing basically without their consent

Megas XLR: was also written off and the creator left CN for Disney to develop a spiritual Remake (which was also later written off)

Thundercats 2011: the possibility that Toonami wants this show....would make sense....since it was meant to be an adult show to begin with

...what are you TALKING about??

... oh wait no I misread. I thought the Space Dandy rerun was replaced mid-run!

Edited by elfie