UnevenEdge

Seraph of the end

mochi

someone showed me an episode of this anime the other day insisting that I'd like it 'cause it's gay (that remains to be fully proven but they aren't doing much to deny it either to be honest)

but that aside it probably would be a good fit for Toonami action wise

basically without spoiling it too much of the actual plot the protagonist (the black haired boy) and his rival (the blonde).....are super gay to a rediculous extent and the show has gone out of it's way to...pretty much never ever say they aren't gay, the main female character even continuously teases the protagonist by implying she thinks he's gay, and he never says he's not or gets insulted in any why by the suggestion that he is

also he and his rival's body language in general is pretty much always like this

tumblr_inline_o1v20aItdo1ra3px9_1280.png

however it's a few years old now

Edited by mochi

It's not THAT gay, if at all. There's about as much BL as Naruto has, if any. I own volumes 1-4 of the manga, pretty sure, and yes, the production values for the manga as well as anime are pretty flawless. One of my favorite newer manga. I'm not as familiar with the anime.

With any luck, Toonami will "pick it up". 

Edited by J.M. Matthews

They're together so little that it's kind of a moot point.  The scene above is pretty gay, because vampires, but it doesn't happen until the last few episodes of the series.  All their other time together is mostly flashbacks of when they were kids, and the rest of the time they're just angsting about finding each other again, with continual near-misses.  Cause you know, they be fam.  Star-crossed, but fam still.

1 hour ago, Gina Szanboti said:

They're together so little that it's kind of a moot point.  The scene above is pretty gay, because vampires, but it doesn't happen until the last few episodes of the series.  All their other time together is mostly flashbacks of when they were kids, and the rest of the time they're just angsting about finding each other again, with continual near-misses.  Cause you know, they be fam.  Star-crossed, but fam still.

it's slightly gayer than naruto actually,

Naruto and Sasuke Kissed, but their immediate reaction to the kiss was to feign puking, and every other time a character seemed Gay in Naruto it was immediately followed by a no-homo dismissal

Seraph of the End is basically Naruto...but without the dismissals, when Mika and Yuu do things that seem gay they don't immediately play the no-homo card

(there's a manga only scene where Yuu wakes up screaming Mika's name and a character asks "dreaming of your ex girlfriend, and he doesn't dismiss it, he just says "Mika's a guy" to which she responds "how dirty drooling while dreaming of your old boyfriend" and he again, doesn't disagree with the boyfriend comment, he just says he wasn't drooling)

the show's creator also didn't dismiss the idea that they were a thing completely, also the anime's producers openly said that they think the idea of Yuu ending up with a woman is weird

1 hour ago, J.M. Matthews said:

It's not THAT gay, if at all. There's about as much BL as Naruto has, if any. I own volumes 1-4 of the manga, pretty sure, and yes, the production values for the manga as well as anime are pretty flawless. One of my favorite newer manga. I'm not as familiar with the anime.

With any luck, Toonami will "pick it up". 

as I said in my prior post, yeah it's typical shonen rival yaoi subtext fair....except for the fact that the show never no-homo's the subtext

most shonen rivalries remind the viewer every two seconds that the rivals have no romantic feelings for eachother, this show....never says they don't

also as stated above the anime's producer said the idea of Yuu ending up with a girl makes no sense in an interview

Edited by mochi