UnevenEdge

YuYu Hakusho OVA in the works

mochi

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-16/yu-yu-hakusho-manga-gets-new-animated-work/.125368

I kinda wonder if this OVA is being made to introduce some of the missed opportunities Togashi mused over in some post series interviews into canon

he among other things said that post series he felt bad for not being allowed to make it canon that Hiei and Kurama were gay,

and also that he felt guilty for making Sensui gay because he felt like it carried the insinuation that gay people were mentally disturbed in retrospect

Edited by mochi
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jman said:

When did he ever say that?

I think in a shonen Jump interview years ago

Ironically he also randomly inserted a small rant into an actual issue of YYH once about a failed attempt to pitch a Gay sports manga to his publishers in the 80's that they laughed at and turned down

apparently the manga would've been called "trouble quartet"

12 minutes ago, mochi said:

I think in a shonen Jump interview years ago

Ironically he also randomly inserted a small rant into an actual issue of YYH once about a failed attempt to pitch a Gay sports manga to his publishers in the 80's that they laughed at and turned down

apparently the manga would've been called "trouble quartet"

He didn't really rant, nor say they laughed at him.

Like, the only thing said was the concept and it was rejected.

7 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

He didn't really rant, nor say they laughed at him.

Like, the only thing said was the concept and it was rejected.

I mean I'm exaggerating

but he was annoyed enough that it got rejected to randomly insert a full page of info about it into an issue of YYH for seemingly no reason what-so-ever

18 hours ago, mochi said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-16/yu-yu-hakusho-manga-gets-new-animated-work/.125368

I kinda wonder if this OVA is being made to introduce some of the missed opportunities Togashi mused over in some post series interviews into canon

he among other things said that post series he felt bad for not being allowed to make it canon that Hiei and Kurama were gay,

and also that he felt guilty for making Sensui gay because he felt like it carried the insinuation that gay people were mentally disturbed in retrospect

Ah yes I seen the incredibly SUAVE promo art for it. :3

• 3 weeks later...