UnevenEdge

Gundam Unicorn Episode #2 Discussion

I've always appreciated how the Universal Century Gundam series break convention from typical anime and never skew the narrative in favor of the protagonist/good guys (Federation), such that you always get at least of few minutes of what's going on from Zeon's perspective as the events of the series unfold.

The theme songs in this series are total garbage, but the plot is starting to pick up.

Trump would never be able to get the box!

He's too simple-minded!

*5 more days to crack on PEEOTUS!*

I really doubt that was true.  What was much more concerning (though less sensational) was the part of the intelligence report stating that the Trump Campaign may have worked with the Russian govt. to coordinate their victory in the election.  If true, it's a capital offense, so there would be definite jail time, though I doubt we'll ever see anything come of it.

to be fair I already loved the 4kids Va's because Utena

Oh yeah. It was cool hearing them in stuff where we got to hear a taste of what they could do for real outside of their 4Kids shows with the heavy edits.

And now we get to keep hearing in great stuff like this and the two even newer Gundam OVA series: Gundam Origin and Gundam Thunderbolt

I also really liked their Zetman dub and it seems like they helped get the reunion dub together for the 2008 and 2009 return of Slayers with Funimation.

I've always appreciated how the Universal Century Gundam series break convention from typical anime and never skew the narrative in favor of the protagonist/good guys (Federation), such that you always get at least of few minutes of what's going on from Zeon's perspective as the events of the series unfold.

The theme songs in this series are total garbage, but the plot is starting to pick up.

I don't know if I feel one way or the other about the first ED, but I think this first full OP is decent enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUhnx24Aak

The OVAs though if I remember right didn't have OPs and went straight into the OVA, and each also had different EDs.

There are some memorable special OP and EDs later in the show, this TV version, if Toonami does them, some integrated into the opening and ending of eps too. Like ep 9, ep 15, etc.

But either way it's really the in-ep soundtrack that's the greatness.

PRINTABLE GIFS.

HAIL THE FUTURE

I wonder how far off we are from printable LCD hard copies with limited memory!

Also, I that seemed strangely Harry Potter-ish about this series, and yet I never noticed it before! Maybe it's NOT in the OVA?

Also, have I mentioned that I really dig how almost all the text in this show is in that "Microgramma" typeface? Makes it look sleek and futuristic, yet also retro, just like Toonami!