UnevenEdge

the handmaid's tale

discolé monade

*this is currently available on hulu*

the book was written in '85 (?) and i remember catching bits of the movie that was made in '90, and, it wasn't terrible (robert duvall, faye dunaway~i think)

but, as it has been done now, as a series, it pretty much follows the book. and given the current state of affairs with women's issues,

and political insertion into women's rights (no ..well maybe a little pun intended ), this actually was a little to close to believable. 

elizabeth moss plays 'offred', and gives a spectacular performance. 

highly recommend. 10/10

• Like 1

Yesh, great series.

Miss Atwood was way before her time. >_>

I dislike Elizabeth Moss, tho; she's a bit of a hypocrite in playing her role since she's a scientologist.

If you liked Handmaid's Tale, you should check out Alias Grace on Netflix; 'tis another Atwood series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mewn said:

Yesh, great series.

Miss Atwood was way before her time. >_>

I dislike Elizabeth Moss, tho; she's a bit of a hypocrite in playing her role since she's a scientologist.

If you liked Handmaid's Tale, you should check out Alias Grace on Netflix; 'tis another Atwood series.

saw it. loved it.  i didn't know that about e. moss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, discolemonade said:

saw it. loved it.  i didn't know that about e. moss.

Yeaaah, she's gotten a lot of flack for it >.>;

Especially since the tea was spilled by Leah Remini about the abuse that goes on in the church, it's quite disgusting.

And woot! Glad you loved it! I enjoyed Alias Grace A LOT...like, what a great series, told the book perfectly.