UnevenEdge

Anyone ever cut themselves on the foil/cork tops of liquor bottles?

Chapinator_X

On Christmas, I was helping the party open up a Hennessey one of the guests brought over, and cut the shit out of my thumb. Like a massive gash where you could see the skin flaps and shit. Hurt like hell, and is still in the final stages of healing. 

I would've let it slide and said nothing...Until I got cut by the fucker again today. There wasn't even foil this time around, but here I am sitting down with my drink, and now I have a slit on the top digit of one of my fingers and the bottom part of my other thumb. And this time around, it's my fapping hand. The injuries this time around weren't as gross as my Christmas injury, but there's gotta be something with these bottles where you try opening them in one minute and once you're done, you look down at your hands to find that you opened your hand more than the damn bottle.

Edited by imchapp.in

4 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Bottle-openers are your new friend.

If it was as easy to open as beer, I'd be with you. Wine can be a pain if the corkscrew or cork are cheap, but it's still somewhat do-able.

What I'm talking about is liquor bottles where the foil is bolted on, so you have to find a way to get the foil off and twist the cap off without getting your fingers shredded up. The only way I've seen people open it feasibly is through a knife, but if you aren't able to play a game of Operation to remove all the foil, then the next time you twist the cap, you can expect more cuts to surface. It's this problem, but alot bloodier.

Edited by imchapp.in