UnevenEdge

Toonami Will Run A Cowboy Bebop Marathon For Christmas

The1gairon

That's a matter of opinion.  Others would disagree.  And if you want to argue Toonami vs. ASA, Bebop was an ASA show through and through, not a Toonami show.  Unless you consider this current iteration a fusion of Adult Swim/ASA and Toonami.  Because the Dragon Ball franchise is arguably the most iconic for Toonami.  Doesn't justify endlessly renewing it though.  Lots of shows were iconic that didn't get renewed, like I said.  No show is "owed" to be on the block even once, let alone countless times rerun.  People?  You mean DeMarco and the others running the block?  That's the main reason they keep renewing it, because they're obsessed with it.  Cowboy Bebop is doing about half the ratings it was when it got canceled last time, by the way.  Yeah, people really want it here.

You know, people were so unenthused, to put it mildly, by the Bebop marathon last week, that they set up their own marathon (of something new) to watch in its place.  But oh it's so wanted and watched here.

Sounds like that's your problem, not anyone else's.  I agree with the concept of an on-TV airing motivating you to watch something more than streaming or owning it, since you "can always get to that later."  I've got quite an un-tapped watch list myself...  of stuff I've never seen before.  This has been run into the ground for over ten years!  Come the fuck on!

Edited by ben0119

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I bought some of the original discs, sound track, and the movie from a flea market, which I still haven't seen.  But I don't even want to watch it thanks to Demarco running the series into the ground here.  I don't want to have anything to do with it.

That's your own damn fault, then.  Quit whining about DeMarco.

And yes, shockingly enough, the current Toonami is nothing more than ASA with a new (read: old) set of bumpers slapped onto it.  Nothing's really changed as far as acquisitions go.

And wow, four whole people chose to watch something else on a night that, by design, most people wouldn't be watching?  What a revelation!

On 12/31/2017 at 1:36 AM, Top Gun said:

That's your own damn fault, then.  Quit whining about DeMarco.

And yes, shockingly enough, the current Toonami is nothing more than ASA with a new (read: old) set of bumpers slapped onto it.  Nothing's really changed as far as acquisitions go.

And wow, four whole people chose to watch something else on a night that, by design, most people wouldn't be watching?  What a revelation!

I'd say things have changed in that regard.  We actually have more than one or two new shows at a time. And at least, until the past couple years, they were making much better choices than ASA in things to air.  But at the same time, they aren't really building up a library either.  So most shows are one and done, and most reruns are just old ASA stuff.