UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 38 Discussion

Meilag32

Update: So um.

It certainly shows that this is my first time really being independent enough to afford to buy my own entertainment system, because I may need to use my phone screen and my laptop for MORE few weeks to watch Toonami. Now feel free to laugh at me because it was a mistake but a mistake that I certainly could've avoided had I talked to the right people and understood the fine print on the order page.

... it turns out I got a COMPUTER monitor that has absolutely no way to play audio out whatsoever, even though I also got a Roku and that works on it... but it's only visuals..... and not only that, but it took me 6 days to fuckin figure that out!  And because it has no internal speakers, or any kind of audio output to speak of, I now have to return it, get reimbursed, and go back a few steps to find a correct TV screen! 

:P 

In my defense though, a TV monitor for entertainment and a monitor for computer use are near-identical, and you really need to not only read but UNDERSTAND order pages online when determining which ones they are.  Also, ... would it kill them to make the point "cannot play sound" more CLEARLY on the site??! 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also look different and say what they are on the box, or webpage, if you are buying online.  A monitor will have fewer buttons and labels for said buttons, and the buttons/labels will be for different things.  TV will also probably have a picture of the remote along with it. :| And yeah made by totally different companies in most cases.  I mean Sony probably makes some monitors too but that's about it.  My TV is LG, monitor is ASUS, for instance.