UnevenEdge

They took away my weekend off at work

Swimmod_Luna

A lot of people say the same thing, myself included.

The problem is most people are inherently lazy and not proactive.

Plus the uncertainty is also unnerving, so we tell ourselves it's not as bad as we're making it out to be and the feedback loop continues.

A lot of people say the same thing, myself included.

The problem is most people are inherently lazy and not proactive.

Plus the uncertainty is also unnerving, so we tell ourselves it's not as bad as we're making it out to be and the feedback loop continues.

Yeah it's kind of unnerving because I've been applying to a lot of stuff outside of my field (the two main things that matter to me right now are a more traditional schedule and pay at or above what I make now, which is hard to find in this field). So I worry about what would happen if I accept a job in a different field and just suck at if or find it so soul sucking that I decide it's worse than before even with the better schedule.

Still, doesn't hurt to try, I suppose.

Yeah it's kind of unnerving because I've been applying to a lot of stuff outside of my field (the two main things that matter to me right now are a more traditional schedule and pay at or above what I make now, which is hard to find in this field). So I worry about what would happen if I accept a job in a different field and just suck at if or find it so soul sucking that I decide it's worse than before even with the better schedule.

Still, doesn't hurt to try, I suppose.

It's a rough position to be in.

Patience is key. If you plan your moves right and act accordingly you should turn out just fine.

Half of it, anyway. Originally I had the whole weekend off and now they decided to only give me Saturday off :|

I think it's about time I went from "passively" seeking a new job to "actively" seeking a new job.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the worst days to have off in my opinion. 

Either Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday.  Better combinations because it's the middle of the business week and far enough away from pesky holidays.  None of this bullshit like, "We're closed for Columbus Day... please call again during our regular business hours..."