UnevenEdge

FATE/Dead Horse

Ginguy

Grand Order was a special advertising the mobile game, and Heaven's Feel was announced ages ago and finally adapts the third arc of the Fate/stay night VN.

I don't have any excuses for the other 2, except money.

To be fair, Fate/Extra looks amazeballs.

Not because Fate, but because Fate+Shaft is an absurd concept.

I think Heaven's Feel will probably have the same issues as UBW because the studio's main concerns with Fate anime associated with favorite pairings isn't the story but making gamer fanboys happy. So there will be more dumb flirting at awkward times, the dialogue will run on forever, there won't be much depth to the characters, and the dark storyline will be badly handled. I will totally shut the fuck up about this if they give me another show as good as Fate/Zero.

I think Heaven's Feel will probably have the same issues as UBW because the studio's main concerns with Fate anime associated with favorite pairings isn't the story but making gamer fanboys happy. So there will be more dumb flirting at awkward times, the dialogue will run on forever, there won't be much depth to the characters, and the dark storyline will be badly handled. I will totally shut the fuck up about this if they give me another show as good as Fate/Zero.

That sounds like it's probably just a difference in source materials, more than anything.

That sounds like it's probably just a difference in source materials, more than anything.

That's part of it, but the studio had a choice in improving weaker source material. They chose not to do it at all in fear of what I think was losing easy money from fans of the games. Maybe if they had completely separated UBW from F/Z, I'd be less whiny about it, but they didn't and UBW as a sequel just feels like a waste. Like Saber's character for example. All that development from F/Z trashed because she's not in the main pairing this time. I really liked younger Rin too, and it only felt like a small part of her from F/Z was added into her older version in UBW.

I don't mind the spin offs, but do they all need to be out the same season? Seriously, Japan, you can do better than this.

They aren't, though. Grand Order already aired, Heaven's Feel will premiere sometime during the year, Apocrypha might be a spring or summer show, and Extra Last Encore will be a winter 2018 show.

Grand Order was all sorts of awful. Seeing Lancer as Caster was the only somewhat enjoyable thing I experienced in that hour long dreck.

It was pretty much a 70 minute commercial for the mobile game. Mash was kinda cute, though.

Cu did way better as Caster, I don't know why he'd want to come back as a Lancer. Maybe he's secretly a masochist?

Rin's episode 0 was probably the best thing to come out of UBW, which is unfortunate given episode 0 was not especially great.  But between that and the main series, it's absolutely a step up.

I want to go off on how Shiro is the worst thing about UBW, and can't bring myself to since it would undermine all the other failures of the show.

Rin's episode 0 was probably the best thing to come out of UBW, which is unfortunate given episode 0 was not especially great.  But between that and the main series, it's absolutely a step up.

I want to go off on how Shiro is the worst thing about UBW, and can't bring myself to since it would undermine all the other failures of the show.

I think Shirou can be such a big idiot which is why I really enjoyed the concept of UBW when I first saw the movie. It was horribly executed, but a shounen protagonist facing real consequences for his ideals was something I wanted to see taken seriously in the newer adaptation. Instead, they just made Shirou dumber to the point that I didn't give a crap about him, and it just made the show a chore to watch.