UnevenEdge

I'm back to having 0 irl friends.

Skinko

My nice little three year run of actually being a part of a social circle is over. Now I'm back in my comfort zone. And by that I mean I'm completely isolated from pretty much everyone in my life.

It's nice not having people around me. Less pressure to live up to someone else's standards. Fuck that noise. I want to do what makes me happy, and me alone.

My nice little three year run of actually being a part of a social circle is over. Now I'm back in my comfort zone. And by that I mean I'm completely isolated from pretty much everyone in my life.

It's nice not having people around me. Less pressure to live up to someone else's standards. Fuck that noise. I want to do what makes me happy, and me alone.

everybody needs somebody dude...I have loads of friends but that doesn't mean I hang out with them all the time...sometimes it's nice to be alone...and sometimes it's nice to go to a nice dinner with some friends..

That's unfortunate, if I lived near you we could be friends. Even though I don't really know you.

I feel like this thread might sound more depressing than I intend it to. Trust me, this is an improvement for my sanity.  :D

I'm just a naturally distant person. I dunno.

everybody needs somebody dude...I have loads of friends but that doesn't mean I hang out with them all the time...sometimes it's nice to be alone...and sometimes it's nice to go to a nice dinner with some friends..

Like I said in a different reply, I do have some members of my family that I want to get back to seeing more often. But not really a lot more often. Maybe pop in a couple times a month.

Still doing karaoke though?

Oh, goodness no. It stopped being fun for me a while ago. I love singing in front of people, but I hate bars, and I began to feel uncomfortable around my friends a long time ago, and it's only become more difficult to be "cool social guy" because that's literally the opposite of who I really am. So that entire part of my life is over.

To put it in wrestling terms, I'm basically the CM Punk of my friends group. But 97% less cool.  :D

I guess so. It's never been something I've had to get used to though. My default setting is distant and quiet, and maybe a little abrasive.

idk when i had some people you don't actually realize how exactly it feels until it's gone.

they were really fun and great to be around, but idk if they were actual friends, they were either family, extended family, or kids of family friends that i somehow stumbled upon. i sometimes miss them, but realize i was probably never meant to be that kind of person to both them, and in general, i guess.

One of my old IRL friends called me up while I was walking to the bus today, but I didn't pick up because I was in lone wolf mode, perambulating in solitary lone wolf fashion toward the future.

*looks up longingly at the night sky*