UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden 172 Episode Discussion

StarPanda

Yea sailor moon was one of the first anime I e ver watched like voltron and speed racer  >:D

DBZ was my gateway but Sailor Moon was definitely right behind it.  And yes of course I had seen Voltron, Speed Racer, and Robotech(!), but we didn't know they were anime or what that was heh.

DBZ was my gateway but Sailor Moon was definitely right behind it.  And yes of course I had seen Voltron, Speed Racer, and Robotech(!), but we didn't know they were anime or what that was heh.

Lol same here. I enjoyed voltron and speed racer back in the day despite not knowing they were anime

DBz and Pokemon Were basically the explosions for me  to the  gateway world of anime in 1999.

Oh I see.

Well,Wikipedia says the history of trunks  film was written by Hiroshi Toda and not Akira Toriyama

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_The_History_of_Trunks

The History of Trunks tells the story of Future Trunks and his life during the time where the androids have the world under siege. It is unique among Dragon Ball movies/specials since it is actually based from a brief chapter in the Dragon Ball manga, called "Trunks The History - The Lone Warrior". The special changes several key plot points for drama (such as that in the manga Trunks was capable of transforming into a Super Saiyan before Future Gohan's death).

Interesting.  Well, fuck, as far as I've always been concerned, it's canon.  I mean, it's so damn good and it fits in perfectly.  It basically just fleshes out what we basically kinda know happened.

I share the same story.i was born in 90 and experienced that anime boom movement in the late mid nineties.good times

DBz and first season Pokemon  <3

In my case I saw Sailor Moon first, then watched DBZ second(and got a massive crush on Vegeta) then watched pokemon, the rest is history

Lol same here. I enjoyed voltron and speed racer back in the day despite not knowing they were anime

DBz and Pokemon Were basically the explosions for me  to the  gateway world of anime in 1999.

Indeed, heh.

Oh man I thought Pokemon was stupid right from the beginning. :D Then I saw how old you guys said you were and liking it makes a bit more sense for you maybe.  So many babies in here. :D

Oh hi dm!

Please share your anime gateway story with us too if you want

Mine was Robotech which I recall blew me away by having such a big continuous story with each ep continuing right from the previous, and I was already into sci-fi, which I think was followed up by a double punch of stuff like Akira and Vampire Hunter D and then I kept renting more and more from Blockbuster like Project A-Ko, Slayers, Ranma, and Kishin Corps and was in for good getting my parents to buy more as gifts.

I did also randomly catch some repeat Speed Racer before knowing what anime was too and don't think I knew what anime was for sure until I wanted to learn more about the stuff I'd just started renting.

Indeed, heh.

Oh man I thought Pokemon was stupid right from the beginning. :D Then I saw how old you guys said you were and liking it makes a bit more sense for you maybe.  So many babies in here. :D

I still  remember my first experience with the Pokemon anime.the first three episodes I watched were  initially meh to me and I wasn't understanding the hype for it.then after that  I don't know what happened,the show  just clicked with me and I was massively in love with the show and wanted everything to do with the fandom.

It also didn't help that the game boy games Pokemon red and Pokemon blue were  the  very first jrpg games I ever really loved doubling my interest in the franchise . I was a victim of the "poke fever" that erupted in the late 90's.

But yeah I'm 27 years old now and looking back on Pokemon and it wasn't the greatest anime ever or thing ever(that  honor goes to DBZ and other anime) but man there's just something about the lore and concept of  Pokemon that's so captivating and fascinating and I still think that today just not nearly as much as I did as a kid. I could never be embarrassed for liking Pokemon because that's the anime that made me realize "oh wow,I'm really into anime and jrpgs" (though I will heavily agree that the Pokemon anime of today is garbage as well as many other seasons).

And then I discovered DBz on TV.it didn't take me long to realize that this was the "most kickass action show" I've ever seen on the  whole dam planet but that's  just another story of my anime fandom that I don't think I Need to go into  >:D I could talk about DBZ for hours.

Mine was Robotech which I recall blew me away by having such a big continuous story with each ep continuing right from the previous, and I was already into sci-fi, which I think was followed up by a double punch of stuff like Akira and Vampire Hunter D and then I kept renting more and more from Blockbuster like Project A-Ko, Slayers, Ranma, and Kishin Corps and was in for good getting my parents to buy more as gifts.

I did also randomly catch some repeat Speed Racer before knowing what anime was too and don't think I knew what anime was for sure until I wanted to learn more about the stuff I'd just started renting.

I  knew you were a robot fanatic dm >:D

Ah,I see. So you were already a heavy watcher of anime even before toonami was around? I'm not sure exactly but  Wow,that's really interesting though on how you watched a diverse amount of shows. I dare say your a bigger anime fan than me  >:D at least back then. I don't know.

Thanks for sharing.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_The_History_of_Trunks

The History of Trunks tells the story of Future Trunks and his life during the time where the androids have the world under siege. It is unique among Dragon Ball movies/specials since it is actually based from a brief chapter in the Dragon Ball manga, called "Trunks The History - The Lone Warrior". The special changes several key plot points for drama (such as that in the manga Trunks was capable of transforming into a Super Saiyan before Future Gohan's death).

Interesting.  Well, fuck, as far as I've always been concerned, it's canon.  I mean, it's so damn good and it fits in perfectly.  It basically just fleshes out what we basically kinda know happened.

Yeah,the writing is really good.it totally feels like canon material. Kinda bums me out that it isn't . I'm glad the history of trunks film exists though.