UnevenEdge

it seems like back in 2004 to 2012

mochi

It was just the style of the times, I think.  If I put on my tinfoil cap for a minute, though, I could really go out on a limb and say that a lot of shows did this intentionally in order to try and seem more appealing to western audiences.  Maybe.  I dunno.

On an unrelated note, I'm a bit intrigued but that last one, and after a quick TVTropes search, I'll be putting that on my list of shows to watch.

It was just the style of the times, I think.  If I put on my tinfoil cap for a minute, though, I could really go out on a limb and say that a lot of shows did this intentionally in order to try and seem more appealing to western audiences.  Maybe.  I dunno.

On an unrelated note, I'm a bit intrigued but that last one, and after a quick TVTropes search, I'll be putting that on my list of shows to watch.

Bobobo and Hare+Guu I can guarentee were just attempts to make a "Japanese version of an American Cartoon"

Zatch bell on the other hand I largely belive the author was just a mental case (considering he literally sued for the right to have his own series destroyed after it concluded just because his publishers lost the original copy of one of his splash-pages)