UnevenEdge

i think Shin Megami spoiled me on video games

Naraku4656

i get immensely bored and impatient at other games. the gameplay, music, and story of the series has made it extremely hard to enjoy anything else. a good number of the games in that series do everything near perfectly, and other games just don't raise the same level of interest in me anymore. i'm trying to play nier automata, the first game i've bought since Persona 5, right now and i keep turning off the game because i keep getting bored.

That's how I felt when I first played Persona 4. Right when I finished P4, Final Fantasy XIII had just came out. Not only was P4 better, but XIII felt like dogshit in comparison.

With P5, I'll probably play fighting games after my 2nd playthrough so it won't be that bad, but the Persona games have overall made me enjoy AAA gaming alot less because of how little content they have in comparison.

funny enough i felt the same exact way. i bought the vita Zero's Escape and started that before Persona 4 Golden (my first Persona/Shin Megami game) and i only ever played 3 hours of Zero's Escape. literally all of my 3DS games are Shin Megami or other spinoffs of it. it's so difficult to play other games because Persona ruined me on other games that weren't in the megaten family.

Where's R1 to quick travel!

I do want to try Nier Automata though, mostly because alot of the P5 cast is floating around in the game, but I also hear it's pretty solid.

it probably does get solid later, but it's a drag getting there unless i should be leaving side missions for later

funny enough i felt the same exact way. i bought the vita Zero's Escape and started that before Persona 4 Golden (my first Persona/Shin Megami game) and i only ever played 3 hours of Zero's Escape. literally all of my 3DS games are Shin Megami or other spinoffs of it. it's so difficult to play other games because Persona ruined me on other games that weren't in the megaten family.

But Zero Escape is significantly better than P4. :|

god no Zero Escape was boring. now that i have fast travel, Nier is more playable. probably shouldn't have fucked off and only do side missions, i have a bad habit of doing that.

The characters and story were the main selling point of Persona, but neither of those were especially good in P4. The bad outweighed the good, imo. From a purely writing perspective, picking between Zero Escape and P4 goes to ZE without any hesitation.

Even gameplay-wise, I had more fun doing puzzles than most of the actual P4 gameplay.

The characters and story were the main selling point of Persona, but neither of those were especially good in P4. The bad outweighed the good, imo. From a purely writing perspective, picking between Zero Escape and P4 goes to ZE without any hesitation.

Even gameplay-wise, I had more fun doing puzzles than most of the actual P4 gameplay.

idk i thought zero's escape was drab and didn't give me any reason to come back for more. Persona 4 took a bit to get going but once it did it was really good, it's not the best story wise  but  it was the best gameplay wise until 5 came out at least in the Persona series.

idk i thought zero's escape was drab and didn't give me any reason to come back for more. Persona 4 took a bit to get going but once it did it was really good, it's not the best story wise  but  it was the best gameplay wise until 5 came out at least in the Persona series.

I finished both and wound up caring very little about most of P4. Like there were a couple things here and there that made me want to really like it, but I just couldn't get into it and stay into it since for every good thing, there would be several pretty dumb things.

Didn't have that problem with Zero Escape. I liked all 3 games in the series enough tp finish all of them. P4 didn't exactly inspire me to pick up the others, but I probably will eventually.