UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 24 Discussion

Hahaha I gotta see this.

"Toriyama-san said: “Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live-action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I’m complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much I can’t leave it alone“.

Fans noticed the series looked very atrocious in the infamous episode 5 that featured the fight between Goku and Beerus. The frames of animation looked worse than a kid’s drawing. It spawned many memes and even a new character in the form of “bad animation Goku”.

Dragon Ball Super’s animation has been better since then, but it is still not of a high quality. This might be the fault of the harsh working conditions that Japanese animators have. They are forced to work long hours and produce lots of content in a short amount of time."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The version of Super we're watching on Toonami is actually quite decent if you ask me. I might give it about a B-. The animation that was first produced for this show was utterly awful (the infamous Episode 5) and I'd say it's about a D.

But it DOES pale in comparison to the movies (A or A-) and that's a complete and utter shame. Granted, the Beerus fight arc (Battle of the Gods) DID change the setting so it would have been impossible, but I have yet to find a decent excuse for the Resurrection of F arc. Also missing the Maximum the Hormone "Frieza" BGM; the orchestral replacement just doesn't have the same oomph.

And from what I recall, this is the fixed up stuff we're getting in the US.

Or at least that was the case earlier in the season I think.

I think that's probably what happened as to why we never got a simulcast of Super, and it wasn't streaming until like October of last year.

Both FUNimation and Toonami took one look at the crappy animation and were all like "hell nah!"

"Toriyama-san said: “Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live-action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I’m complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much I can’t leave it alone“.

Fans noticed the series looked very atrocious in the infamous episode 5 that featured the fight between Goku and Beerus. The frames of animation looked worse than a kid’s drawing. It spawned many memes and even a new character in the form of “bad animation Goku”.

Dragon Ball Super’s animation has been better since then, but it is still not of a high quality. This might be the fault of the harsh working conditions that Japanese animators have. They are forced to work long hours and produce lots of content in a short amount of time."

God damn.  Well, I hope Toriyama saying something helps improves things.  Personally I'm just hoping that the art and animation will improve after we get past the movie stuff.  After that point there's really no excuse, not that there's much of one now, of course.

God damn.  Well, I hope Toriyama saying something helps improves things.  Personally I'm just hoping that the art and animation will improve after we get past the movie stuff.  After that point there's really no excuse, not that there's much of one now, of course.

Lol yeah how much money has DBZ merchandise and the video games made over the last 20 years, like 80 billion dollars?

Clearly they couldn't afford the dough for decent animation. Corners had to be cut!

The people over on the Kanzenshuu forums seem to think that Toonami only has exclusivity to the first 26 episodes and any day now Funimation is going to make an announcement about putting out episodes dubbed on FunimationNow ahead of Toonami because DBZKTFC came out so fast.

They said they don't want to have to rely on Toonami's release schedule anymore to see it.

Man are people impatient these days

The people over on the Kanzenshuu forums seem to think that Toonami only has exclusivity to the first 26 episodes and any day now Funimation is going to make an announcement about putting out episodes dubbed on FunimationNow ahead of Toonami because DBZKTFC came out so fast.

They said they don't want to have to rely on Toonami's release schedule anymore to see it.

Man are people impatient these days

Funimation retooled their entire business model, perfected over the course of 2 years, and left their entire cast and crew ragged, just to make their dubs the fastest to produce in the world, and fans are STILL not satisfied!!!  >: