UnevenEdge

Anyone ever used a USB to VGA adapter?

Rogue_Alphonse

I want to have a second monitor hooked to this old beast, but because its the model that has TV inputs, there are no VGA or HDMI outputs.

From what I have heard, there is a slight lag.. but nothing that'll bother me because I'm not a gamer, and even if I was I wouldn't use the second monitor for gaming... and even if so, this PC isn't good enough for gaming.

I don't need fancy, I just need function.

I havent, but I think that's what I might need to set a second monitor on this system..  which was my plan,

but after dropping the money for this build I just went to the pawn shop, and bought an old Dell monitor

for $5 bucks to boot it up. I've never been one to obsess too much over graphics and this thing is from

06.. or something, it gets the job done, but I want to add a bigger more high definition monitor for vids,

and gaming. Someone enlightnen us..

Guest squirrelygod

I want to have a second monitor hooked to this old beast, but because its the model that has TV inputs, there are no VGA or HDMI outputs.

From what I have heard, there is a slight lag.. but nothing that'll bother me because I'm not a gamer, and even if I was I wouldn't use the second monitor for gaming... and even if so, this PC isn't good enough for gaming.

I don't need fancy, I just need function.

They aren't that terrible, you should be good

I havent, but I think that's what I might need to set a second monitor on this system..  which was my plan,

but after dropping the money for this build I just went to the pawn shop, and bought an old Dell monitor

for $5 bucks to boot it up. I've never been one to obsess too much over graphics and this thing is from

06.. or something, it gets the job done, but I want to add a bigger more high definition monitor for vids,

and gaming. Someone enlightnen us..

I basically want the second monitor to use for the interwebz while I watch movies on the main touch screen this one has... unless the USB to VGA somehow looks better and I use my 32" TV as the second monitor... but I doubt it, even if I go from USB to VGA then from VGA to HDMI which would probably be a disaster.

They are laggy if you want to play games, otherwise unnoticeable.

I'd be more concerned about it over taxing your gpu that sounds like it may be ancient.

Ancient in the computing world, but I mean, I can play GTA 4 on pretty-ok graphics settings and it does fine. 1080 Youtube videos have no problems either.

picture quality isn't the problem. K_N is right, there is a higher amount of input lag between a USB to VGA because it has to convert the signal and carry it to the video driver than there is for a plain old VGA which gets converted at the driver level, rather than at the component level i think. KN[/member] can call me out if i'm talking out of my ass because i'm pretty sure i'm wrong but this sounds right

picture quality isn't the problem. K_N is right, there is a higher amount of input lag between a USB to VGA because it has to convert the signal and carry it to the video driver than there is for a plain old VGA which gets converted at the driver level, rather than at the component level i think. KN[/member] can call me out if i'm talking out of my ass because i'm pretty sure i'm wrong but this sounds right

See, that I can completely understand... which is why I'd use the second monitor for like, FB or here or Tinychat while I watched YT or played GTA or some shit on the main built-in one.

See, that I can completely understand... which is why I'd use the second monitor for like, FB or here or Tinychat while I watched YT or played GTA or some shit on the main built-in one.

and for that you'll probably never notice a thing. but if you used it as a gaming monitor there'd be maybe a 2-3ish millisecond delay moreso than it should have which might not sound like a lot, but you'll notice it being somewhat less responsive than your hard wired monitor.

and for that you'll probably never notice a thing. but if you used it as a gaming monitor there'd be maybe a 2-3ish millisecond delay moreso than it should have which might not sound like a lot, but you'll notice it being somewhat less responsive than your hard wired monitor.

No concern of mine  :fap: