UnevenEdge

Is there a wall wart in your house?

1938 Packard

Typical of a cell phone: 0.15 amps.

That's 18 watts at 120 vac.  Every 55.55 hours, it pulls in one kilowatt/hour.  That's approximately 13 kilowatt/hours per month.  Estimated at 14 cents per kilowatt/hour, that's $1.82 per month to run the wall wart, assuming that it's plugged in all the time.

*fuck i still use that term*  -_'

i'm gonna go home and empty my random shit cabinet drawer, pull out all my old adapters, and plug them in just for you packie. the watts, they's a-gettin' wasted tonight!

Maybe it's a regional thing because I've been an electrical nerd all my life and never heard it until my EET class back in like 1999.  Haven't heard it again since then until today.

maybe it's a regional thing because I've been an electrical nerd all my life and never heard it until my EET class back in like 1999.  Haven't heard it again since then until today.

i picked it up from working as lighting director for the production team in college, and it seemed like kinda an industry slang term since then for live production at concert / theater stuff. maybe it's just that the people i worked with were all oddballs. that would actually make good sense.