UnevenEdge

here you go, mochi

fuggnificent

i thought you could add some intelligent thoughts of your own to it ..but i guess i overestimated you. again.

I've already given my thoughts on this subject many times

none of you guys cared how I felt then why do you suddenly care now? S:

I've already given my thoughts on this subject many times

none of you guys cared how I felt then why do you suddenly care now? S:

i do care. i actually tried to pm you but you have me blocked

what are some major no nos you see when people try to include lgbt characters. you named one i am guilty of myself... the gay bestfriend... im not changing my stuff but i could use your thoughts in future stuff i do

i do care. i actually tried to pm you but you have me blocked

what are some major no nos you see when people try to include lgbt characters. you named one i am guilty of myself... the gay bestfriend... im not changing my stuff but i could use your thoughts in future stuff i do

kay then

1. Tokenism, Riverdale is a huge offender of this (also Archie comics in general but I digress) if the Gay character you have appears to be the ONLY Gay person in the world, you aren't doing it right (Kevin at one point straight up says he's the only gay person in the whole town), Kevin is also a "Gay bestfriend" in Riverdale (whereas in the comics he hates being treated like a GBF)

2. "Baiting" baiting is purposefully implying/coding a character to seem like they're Gay, then denying it at the last minuet, Supernatural and the WETA Sherlock are the worst offenders of this, basically the writers want to attract a Gay viewerbase, but don't actually want to create a gay character, it's kinda like how all of Disney's villains are based on Gay stereotypes

3. treating homosexuality like a joke, more common in sitcoms than other media but generally if a Gay (male) character is included they're just there to be the punchline of a joke about how sissy and weird they are or if they're a Lesbian, how ugly and butch they are

4. Stereotyping, pretty much all fictional depictions of Gay men are femme and all depictions of Lesbians are butch, even though not all Gay people act the same because not all human beings of one minority are all clones of eachother, it's okay to have some femme gay male characters and some butch lesbian characters, but when that's THE ONLY depiction of a Gay person you EVER see, it becomes problematic

5. using gay romance to be "edgy" and "titilating" if you think all a Gay romance storyline is good for is shock value then you should not try to write a Gay character

6. straight writers expecting to be given Praise for writing a shitty Gay character guilty of everything else above, Disney's whole "Lefou is Gay now" thing for example

those are the 6 things I generally get pissed off at in works of fiction relating to Gay characters

Cool. I saved them this time so I can remember.

nonos.jpg

I experiment with making one of my main characters more fluid in his sexuality but he's not gay. And the primarily gay character is femme but also very fluid at times. I dont confine them in strict GAY, STRAIGHT, ETC boxes...i do worry that this waters down their representation ..do you think i should? something i kind of think about but not too much

I feel like the article discredits movie-Deadpool's sexuality just because he has a sense of humor about his preferences. It does push for more of an emotional bond with the female lead, but it doesn't mean that part of him isn't present in the film. It'd be cool for his pansexuality to be more prevalent in future movies, but it was a relatively decent start compared to Suicide Squad's sanitization of Joker and Harley's abusive relationship, and the lack of Poison Ivy to hint at anything beyond Harley/Joker.

I feel like the article discredits movie-Deadpool's sexuality just because he has a sense of humor about his preferences. It does push for more of an emotional bond with the female lead, but it doesn't mean that part of him isn't present in the film. It'd be cool for his pansexuality to be more prevalent in future movies, but it was a relatively decent start compared to Suicide Squad's sanitization of Joker and Harley's abusive relationship, and the lack of Poison Ivy to hint at anything beyond Harley/Joker.

i took xbox calls before deadpool came out and i know that seems irrelavent but you would not believe the amount of people that were talking about the pansexuality just on XBOX LIVE CALLS to customer service... people were REALLY looking forward to it and it made me excited about the movie as well. One customer said "hes pansexual.. that means he will have sex with anything" and he didnt even say this to me, he was just talking to his buddies playing xbox. He sounded like a straight redblooded american male, too... My point is, people were not only ready for it, they were actively looking forward to it.. and i feel the movie did not live up to expectations.

but yah.. maybe in the movies to come

Cool. I saved them this time so I can remember.

nonos.jpg

I experiment with making one of my main characters more fluid in his sexuality but he's not gay. And the primarily gay character is femme but also very fluid at times. I dont confine them in strict GAY, STRAIGHT, ETC boxes...i do worry that this waters down their representation ..do you think i should? something i kind of think about but not too much

I suppose I should mention (and this is just a personal hang-up) that the idea that sexuality is so fluid that you can just suddenly change sexualities one day also pisses me off

it's true that people (even gay people) can have fleeting sexual attractions to a person who isn't the gender they're usually attracted to, but unless that person is actually Bi, it doesn't ordinarily happen with enough frequency to make them completely change how they self identify (nor do they usually act on the momentary attraction unless they're extremely impaired)

Personally I find trying to "avoid labels" far more watered down than actually writing a Gay character who is gay for real because acting like Labels are bad is a subtle form of Homophobia IMO

name one scene in Deadpool where they imply he's anything other than Straight S: (and not the strap-on scene because he acted like he didn't enjoy it and a woman was the one doing it to him)

Rule of thumb Mochi, when fuggz gets bored, she shouts people out for the attention......Do not engage in the future.

Yeah

I doubht she's even writing anything(since this is the first I've ever heard of it)

Yeah

I doubht she's even writing anything(since this is the first I've ever heard of it)

rule of thumb. dont listen to ANYTHING buddy EVER says about me. hes obsessed but very very stupid and only knows about 30% actual facts about me. i didnt sleep last night because i was up all night writing a very difficult very emotional scene ive been working on for a long time surrounding Rory, my gay character. Pooh is familiar with him and has read some stuff with him in it...said she likes him and wanted to hear more about him.

whats funny is that buddy actually read this shit too so i dont know why he is lying now... i guess rule of thumb here is that buddy likes to piggy back off me for attention and will involve himself in every single one of my threads.

heres a snippet of my older writing with rory..but not what i was working on last night. ive been working on this shit for quite a while:

D: You’re telling me you learned how to love from Rory?

E: In a way, yes. You see, when Rory loves, he does it with all his heart fully without fear over and over no matter what people do to him. He doesn’t let the past affect him or hold him back. He understands. He forgives. All of that he’s going to show you.

D: You really believe he wants to help us?

E: Rory wants whatever I want.

Deja shakes her head. She doesn’t see how Rory can possibly change her in one night but she throws up her hands.

D: Whatever. If that’s what you want, so be it.

R: Ah, so. Let’s get to it then.

Rory smiles, stands up,and then grabs both of Deja’s hands before lifting her up before him.

R: You and I are going to have lots of fun fun FUN.

Erin eyes he him warily.

E: Not too much fun, Rory.

R: Oh, Erin. You know your most precious treasure is safe in my capable hands.

Erin nods. Rory and Deja leave. They get into a spacious limo. Deja realizes the limo belongs to Rory. He gets in next to her and sits close. Deja takes note of his cologne with is very sensual and sexy. The interior of the limo is very intimate. Rory pours Deja a glass of champagne.

R: Drink.

I suppose I should mention (and this is just a personal hang-up) that the idea that sexuality is so fluid that you can just suddenly change sexualities one day also pisses me off

it's true that people (even gay people) can have fleeting sexual attractions to a person who isn't the gender they're usually attracted to, but unless that person is actually Bi, it doesn't ordinarily happen with enough frequency to make them completely change how they self identify (nor do they usually act on the momentary attraction unless they're extremely impaired)

Personally I find trying to "avoid labels" far more watered down than actually writing a Gay character who is gay for real because acting like Labels are bad is a subtle form of Homophobia IMO

ok. noted.