UnevenEdge

my biggest regret in life

quebecelegy

i was on my school's soccer team when i was 13 and didn't really have a reliable ride to and from games

i had never missed a game or gottten late to one and was far and away the team's best midfielder

srsly, i had like 10 assists in 6 games and i didn't really even care that much to play midfield cause i wanted to be a forward, but the coach said my passing and vision was the best on the team, and i didn't want to argue and was a little bit self-consicous about my ability to play forward compared to the starters who were older than me but w/e.

so i get to a game late and ready to play, but the dumbfuck assistant coach refuses to let me start.

he says i shouldn't have gotten late to the game, so i sit down on the bench ready to run the fuck away cause i was so mad ( i was a pretty hotheaded kid when it came to sports + my house was 15 min away)

they end up losing the game like 1-4 and then they let the b teams play and the coach decides to make me play with them, im like w/e at this point and play but don't really care and we end up winning 1-0.

i regret not pressing the coach to let me play.

even as a fucking sub.

110% sure i would've won that game by myself and wouldn't have to be stuck with a 2nd place trophy.

moral of the story

fuck school coaches who do shit like this smfh.

tl;dr:

i was a pretty good soccer player as a kid

best midfielder on my school team even though i didn't really care in most games cause i didn't want to play midfield

always start and do great

arrive late to one game, even though it hadn't started yet

asshole coach decides to not start me

team proceeds to get BTFO 1-4 and is eliminated