UnevenEdge

Horror News and Trailers

Admin

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish that this film series could have been rebooted to run closer to the original games, and less over the top crazy insanity.

I always felt that way. The whole zombie world wide Apocalypse theme has become boring. And the 3rd movie was really weak. 

Ever since the 3rd movie when they did the Alice clones the franchise became nearly unwatchable. Originally the first film had a rough script done by George Romero from Night of the Living dead. Capcom hated the script and passed, but the script has been leaked online. I have read through it and the setting and events aren't bad at all, it's just the dialogue is what you would expect from the first RE game.  Super cheesy lines and overly simplified character types. It does fall in line with what the first game was, but for a big movie it wouldn't have worked. At the time Capcom were working on RE4 and changing the pace of the series to be more inline with a shooter than a survival horror series. Even with the games that has only really been liked in RE4 and they have failed to replicate what fans have liked. Even in 6 they added zombies to Leon's scenario and it was the fan favorite one to play through.  Now the game series is getting something of a reboot with the new RE game. From the gameplay it seems to be more like a mix of Outlast + Texas Chainsaw meets Silent Hill.  So I think they are at least realizing that something needed to change to stop being a pure over shoulder shooter. 

The films on the other hand just became fap fuel for the director to marry sue his waifu. He fell in love with the actress who plays Alice after the first film and have since gotten married. A creeper move on his part was in the first film having her naked, at one point you can see her nipple. Since then he has tried to have the scene removed from future releases of the film. Also why Alice hasn't been naked since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

saw Train To Busan.  A nice mix of nostalgic survival/horror/disaster movies.  It's not like some groundbreaking deal, it's very mainstream with the spfx and the heartwarming social messages and such.  But it was kind of nice to watch a movie like that on a nastily cold winter night.  I enjoyed it.