UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter Episode 48 Discussion Thread - Very × Sharp × Eye

Aren't we seeing the beginnings of it now in certain cartoons?  And with trump_yelling.png, you may see push-back from creators to show more of what those in power are trying to suppress.  It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

not enough people oppose aryan Hitler

his ideology is more likely to win out in the end

not enough people oppose aryan Hitler

his ideology is more likely to win out in the end

You forget some sections of Russia where the first gay concentration camp since WWII opened, and also the VP of the US, who believes gays can be converted through electrocution.

You forget some sections of Russia where the first gay concentration camp since WWII opened, and also the VP of the US, who believes gays can be converted through electrocution.

that's exactly why I think his ideology is going to win out :|

Sigh...he's the reason Trump won't be impeached.  Because we'd left with President Pence. 

All this  subtle talk about treasure and auction really lost me and came out of nowhere

Same. Unfortunately, Hunter x Hunter dabbles too much in pointless exposition and side-adventures. It meanders too often and the characters are often too...."careless" for me to care about them.

I mean, a few weeks ago someone came up with an excellent explanation for why the YorkNew City arc is superior to the rest of the anime: Because death and murder is treated in such a trivial manner until Killua has to deal with the Phantom Troupe/Spiders. There's a reasonable motivation to engage in certain activities during this arc. People are getting killed, and Killua wants to put an end to it. That's why it's so much more intriguing than the previous arcs.

I am 100% certain you were complaining about it at some point.

only when I was assuming (based on experience) that the show wasn't really gay

once I realized it was I no longer had any issues, stop being an asshole to me Meilag

you were nice to me up until last week now you're starting to remind me a lot of Jman

I bet there will be.  In fact I'm confident there will be.  Even in the US, cartoons are showing progressive elements.

That's what I was saying!  Is Mochi literally saying that in 40-50 years, YOI will still be the high water mark in Japan, and U.S. cartoons won't have advanced from present time?  I have hope.  More and more people are becoming sympathetic to the cause.  Japan will be later than the West for sure, but much sooner than the Middle East and parts of Africa where gays are hunted and killed.

I've been watching the new Prison Break, which takes place in Yemen, and there is a young gay man in the prison there who ISIS wants to kill.  I hope he lives.

only when I was assuming (based on experience) that the show wasn't really gay

once I realized it was I no longer had any issues, stop being an asshole to me Meilag

you were nice to me up until last week now you're starting to remind me a lot of Jman

We're veering into spoilers but I assume people here had already seen it or have at least known that the second half of the show is like. ... hell it was SO popular, you wouldn't MISS the twists and events going down in YOI if you were online for even 5 minutes! :D

Yeah, that was a pretty ground-breaking turn of events! And I applaude the creator (who also directed A Woman Called Fujiko Mine and Mitchiko And Hatchin) for not following mainstream trends and writing what SHE wants to write!!

We're veering into spoilers but I assume people here had already seen it or have at least known that the second half of the show is like. ... hell it was SO popular, you wouldn't MISS the twists and events going down in YOI if you were online for even 5 minutes! :D

Yeah, that was a pretty ground-breaking turn of events! And I applaude the creator (who also directed A Woman Called Fujiko Mine and Mitchiko And Hatchin) for not following mainstream trends and writing what SHE wants to write!!

The only reason why I wouldn't know is because I stopped reading the manga around this point.

Haven't gone back to it since then. Was hoping things would be different, but that's apparently not the case.

Same. Unfortunately, Hunter x Hunter dabbles too much in pointless exposition and side-adventures. It meanders too often and the characters are often too...."careless" for me to care about them.

I mean, a few weeks ago someone came up with an excellent explanation for why the YorkNew City arc is superior to the rest of the anime: Because death and murder is treated in such a trivial manner until Killua has to deal with the Phantom Troupe/Spiders. There's a reasonable motivation to engage in certain activities during this arc. People are getting killed, and Killua wants to put an end to it. That's why it's so much more intriguing than the previous arcs.

I felt like HxH was finally starting to turn things around with Kurapica's arc.... and then this episode happens. Antiquing? Reminds me of the episode where they walk. Or wait in a room. Or open a door. Or talk on the phone. Or cook eggs.

Gon and Killua are supposed to be the mc's... but so far they hurt the show more than help it.

Yeah.i didn't really like this sided adventure episode much .it doesn't seem like something killua would do(especially gon) and I enjoy following characters like killua. The lengthy battle expositions I can live with as long as it doesn't go off the rails  ::HMM::  and discuss something else about something we'll never hear again in the next few episodes . Yeah There wasn't really an established villain besides hisoka before the York new arc so the shallow motivations of killua killing just to kill just  because he was  an assassin  S: