UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Your Name

Very nice. Definitely the most enjoyable of all of Shinkai's works to date. Very evocative of 5 Cm Per Second, but this movie felt much more complete and well-resolved. I saw it dubbed, and was a bit surprised all of the songs were in English, but moreso that they actually sounded really good for dubbed song versions. Didn't realize they were by the original group and that the lead singer had spent time in the U.S. as a child till I read a news article on ANN about it right now. That explains it I guess.

Going to see this myself tonight.

Girls und Panzer 1

I got this anime as my yearly Christmas gag gift from my uncle in 2015, and it's only now that I'm watching it. And I'll say, it's pretty decent. Dub's a bit stilted, but I grew used to it almost immediately. I can only fear how many characters I'll have to remember the further along this series goes... Still, looks like it'll be fun.

As my copy of the series is Blu-Ray only and the only computer on which I have access to Photoshop is being held for repairs to one of its display hinges for longer than I anticipated, I won't be doing ratings screencaps for it. What I will say, however, is that this first episode was rated TV-PGV for mild tank violence and Saori talking about cheating on one's boyfriend as an example of something.

Mike Tyson Mysteries: April Fools Edition

This is my third time watching it, and it never fails to put a stupid grin on my face.

[ogopogo!]

Girls und Panzer 1

I got this anime as my yearly Christmas gag gift from my uncle in 2015, and it's only now that I'm watching it. And I'll say, it's pretty decent. Dub's a bit stilted, but I grew used to it almost immediately. I can only fear how many characters I'll have to remember the further along this series goes... Still, looks like it'll be fun.

As my copy of the series is Blu-Ray only and the only computer on which I have access to Photoshop is being held for repairs to one of its display hinges for longer than I anticipated, I won't be doing ratings screencaps for it. What I will say, however, is that this first episode was rated TV-PGV for mild tank violence and Saori talking about cheating on one's boyfriend as an example of something.

Mike Tyson Mysteries: April Fools Edition

This is my third time watching it, and it never fails to put a stupid grin on my face.

[ogopogo!]

I have that show on DVD and have watched the first four episodes. I thought about rating it on several occasions, but regardless, it's definitely a nice show, and the tank battles are nicely done. As for MTM, I recorded the first half-hour of the (first) April Fool's stunt, so I should get around to that some time.

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode #9

[long live the memory]

The closest theater to me showing it is over 20 miles away. I could nag my mom to take me out there (regardless of what she might want to do), but... eh, I'm not sure. And I've already gone to the movies on each of the past two weeks. A third in a row (or third in four weeks) would feel like overkill.

The closest theater to me showing it is over 20 miles away. I could nag my mom to take me out there (regardless of what she might want to do), but... eh, I'm not sure. And I've already gone to the movies on each of the past two weeks. A third in a row (or third in four weeks) would feel like overkill.

Definitely worth seeing in the theater. Check to see if they still plan to show it next weekend, since this isn't a fixed event screening.

Berserk (2017) 1-2

Ninja Girl & Samurai Master S2 1

Love Rice 1

The Eccentric Family S2 1

I pondered all week about rewatching the first season before starting the new one, but I was too busy with work + Persona 5 to make that commitment. It seems that my memory was refreshed with this episode though. Nice to see all these characters back!

On a related note, a friend of mine in London immediately recognized the location of the pond in the ED sequence with Benten traveling. Apparently it's a place she used to visit all the time in her childhood. Pretty neat.

I pondered all week about rewatching the first season before starting the new one, but I was too busy with work + Persona 5 to make that commitment. It seems that my memory was refreshed with this episode though. Nice to see all these characters back!

On a related note, a friend of mine in London immediately recognized the location of the pond in the ED sequence with Benten traveling. Apparently it's a place she used to visit all the time in her childhood. Pretty neat.

Yeah, I think all the locations in Eccentric Family are real places around Kyoto, and the show seems to be a passion project for the studio, P.A. Works.

Youkai Watch 6

...little pervs tryin' to watch late-night idol bikini shows during a sleepover! :D :D :D Wonder how the dub handled that one. :D

Youkai Watch 7

Okay that pottery Jinmenken made had tits....and the police arrested him for it? :D :D :D Wonder how the dub handled that one. :D Also wtf:

maxresdefault.jpg

Nightmare Fuel

:D :D :D

Your Name.

There is a HUGE twist, even for those who have seen the trailers.  Let's just say that the supernatural effects don't just swap two teenagers' bodies.  In fact, the body-swapping hijinks only comprise around the first third of the movie until a huge bit of danger threatens them!  This was emotional, beautiful to watch, funny, and touching!