UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer will conclude its final arc as a movie trilogy

On the one hand, I have a feeling Sony would want these to be Alamo Drafthouse exclusives for a while.

On the other hand, if these movies do air on Toonami, I hope it would be like the Attack on Titan finale duology and it only takes a year and a half to air them. But I'd be okay with spacing them out to one movie a year, truthfully.

• Like 1

At this point the franchise is so obscenely overhyped and under-delivering that part of me is hoping we don't get the rest. I've read ahead on the ANN episode reviews and it sounds straight-up torturous.

• Like 1

Not technically surprised. The Infinity Castle is itself fairly compact if you stop to think about it but a lot happens. Trying to make it a proper season would either be a good longer season [ which not many companies are willing to pull off anymore due to budgets ] or a weird truncated version that makes you long for the days of 3 episodes of screaming to power-up so you could at least build up an emotion. Three movies make it maybe a 12 episode equivalent with each 1/3 squarely focused on very specific sequences. 

And yes, I do think they should air on Toonami because I'm a weird completionist. Just please don't end up scheduling them over the Labor Day holiday because that's the one holiday I don't always make it to a tv in time for a good marathon. 

• Like 2

Yea no doubt they will chop these up into 22 minute episodes so these can air on Japanese TV at some point. Of course, that won’t be for a long time since they need to milk these in theatres + sell Blu rays. So I’d guess best case scenario for Toonami is 3-5 years from now. Zero chance the films air in film form.