UnevenEdge

This update thing seems to have issues copying and pasting from a word doccument

Profile>Look And Layout>Current Theme>Change>Select Desired Theme.

the current default theme (dark don) should function with everything.  but it's kind of not great in terms of fonts and text backgrounds (the lighter shades annoy me, I'd rather have just black reply boxes w/white text also more font colors seem to show up better on dark backgrounds than light backgrounds but there it is).

OK, so, I tried copy and pasting from notepad instead, still had the tags at the beginning and end of every line.

So then I switched the theme, and it seems to work now for some reason, but now the site is kinda ugly.

So there's that.

Is there a theme that works well for errthang, or should I just switch between themes for various tasks?

in terms of mods, Dark Don and Curve are the only themes that everything works in.

I think Curve looks awful.  And Dark Don annoys me too.  But that's the one I use because I need to see everything.  will be working on the look of the DD theme as we go.  My goal is for it ultimately to look more like the Proboard looked.

We actually have a lot more stuff on SMF.  But there was a simplicity to the look of the Proboards forum that I would love to recapture.

You'd think somebody could make a goddamn black and white board theme that wasn't full of stupid corners and odd visual choices.  But pretty much all of them have one or two things that just stick out like sore thumbs and are like "wtf did you do that for?". 

Design is often about - like creating something that people like to use or want to use, not necessarily something people want to look at and go "hey look at that pretty button image" or that kinda thing.

The Proboard theme design had that.  Sort of fun, light and functional.  There wasn't anything you could really point to and go "hey I like how that looks" but just the overall look and functionality of the design made it fun to log in and use.

I'm trying to get this theme to that place.