UnevenEdge

Rick and Morty anime shows more footage and a 2024 release, Rick and Morty proper debuts next season in 2025

Jman

So they’re probably gonna wait till Fall to actually air this because the writers strike pushed back the 8th season till 2025.

Meanwhile, what do they even have for Sunday between now and whenever they air this? Maybe Smiling Friends will be ready by Spring.

• Like 1

Yea, I wouldn’t hold your breath on this doing well. R&M has been on a steady downward slide in relevance, and most anime fans aren’t going to consider this anime. Soon as those subs start scrolling, a lot of people will tune out, and the anime crowd probably won’t show up in the first place unless it’s tacked onto Toonami when they are already here. 

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

Meanwhile, what do they even have for Sunday between now and whenever they air this? Maybe Smiling Friends will be ready by Spring.

Smiling Friends has got to be close. Luckily for them Ninja Kamui is coming, it may not be a Sunday show, but at least they can say they have something new on the air. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:57 PM, Sketch said:

Royal Crackers S2 premieres on February 29. I'm assuming Smiling Friends will be due up right after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 7:11 PM, Blatch said:

Royal Crackers S2 premieres on February 29. I'm assuming Smiling Friends will be due up right after.

And Crackers isn’t premiering on Sunday. Probably because our Max overlords demand tribute on Fridays instead of Mondays. That might become the norm for every original comedy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sketch said:

Probably because our Max overlords demand tribute on Fridays instead of Mondays. That might become the norm for every original comedy.

In other words, Z***** turned the AS Comedy premiere clock back to the 2000s. Is that what I'm hearing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1