UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Season 7 to debut in Japan Spring 2024

Jman

• Jman changed the title to My Hero Academia Season 7 to debut in Japan Spring 2024

Well, I think we know what our Demon Slayer replacement will be. They may have to stall a bit to get us there though. 

This season is going to get very close to where the manga is at since this is around the time its release schedule started to slow down. Season 8 is definitely going to have a larger gap between its release. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I daresay we COULD see it and Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Arc airing side-by-side in May, but it's probably realistically more likely to replace it in June, especially if we also have an original by then.

We would have, most likely for the midnight slot:

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc Jan. 13-Mar. 23

Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc: Mar. 30-June 8

MHA S7: June 15-December???

• Like 1

That pretty much pushes the Toonami debut to sometime in June or even July, then.

IIRC, Season 6 premiered 10/12/22 and we got it on Toonami 12/3/22, so assuming the same holds, this would mean mid-June. With Demon Slayer: ED Arc ending March 23rd and probably Swordsmith picking up right after that on March 30th, that would indeed mean either June 8th or 15th (with Memorial Day break) for its end, and then we'd see MHA S7 starting the 15th or 22nd.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That pretty much pushes the Toonami debut to sometime in June or even July, then.

IIRC, Season 6 premiered 10/12/22 and we got it on Toonami 12/3/22, so assuming the same holds, this would mean mid-June. With Demon Slayer: ED Arc ending March 23rd and probably Swordsmith picking up right after that on March 30th, that would indeed mean either June 8th or 15th (with Memorial Day break) for its end, and then we'd see MHA S7 starting the 15th or 22nd.

If we can’t get Swordsmith this soon, I could see this being the time they squeeze in Ninja Kamui. Originally that was supposed to be a 2023 original, so I assume it’s pretty close to release. That fills up 12 weeks and MHA can follow it immediately after. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

If we can’t get Swordsmith this soon, I could see this being the time they squeeze in Ninja Kamui. Originally that was supposed to be a 2023 original, so I assume it’s pretty close to release. That fills up 12 weeks and MHA can follow it immediately after. 

Mildly disappointing though that would be, it is quite true.

But Dr. Stone getting blown out by February 10th makes me think it might be replacing that!

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

Its possible that those 4 recap episodes will be considered part of the season and even get dubbed but I guess we'll see. If those aren't considered part of the season will the season go into October in Japan or will it simply be 21 episodes?

I would not be surprised if the recap is there purely because they don’t have enough material for a full season. They usually don’t want to just stop at a random place, and it’s this point in the manga there aren’t clear stopping points so they just have to wing it now.