UnevenEdge

Your moment of Zen

tsar4

32 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Wow, so many.  

I haven’t seen Monarch butterflies since I was a kid.  There used to be so many.  I bought some milk weed seeds to help them out but I uhhh…. have a black thumb and haven’t attempted to grow them yet. 😅

The stuff is a weed.  Unless you plant it in a sand dune, it's going to grow.  We bought a couple of different types and now the neighbors have some too!:LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Edit: the website I bought the original seeds from recommended gathering the seeds your plant(s) produce and scattering them out the car window as you drive past open fields.

Edited by tsar4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Wow, so many.  

I haven’t seen Monarch butterflies since I was a kid.  There used to be so many.  I bought some milk weed seeds to help them out but I uhhh…. have a black thumb and haven’t attempted to grow them yet. 😅

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by LoverDemon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Trying to put us in a trance?

I love it.

The YouTube video I'm posting is actually a live stream of the ISS orbiting Earth. (It's not the official NASA stream, sadly. I wish it was the NASA stream because this has accompanying music that's very soothing and contemplative.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gemini said:

The YouTube video I'm posting is actually a live stream of the ISS orbiting Earth. (It's not the official NASA stream, sadly. I wish it was the NASA stream because this has accompanying music that's very soothing and contemplative.)

I’ll have to definitely check that out later. Things are kinda chaotic right now.

16 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’ll have to definitely check that out later. Things are kinda chaotic right now.

Understood, buddy. Of course, I've always loved space. Growing up in the woods of Liberty County, Texas, (about an hour from Houston proper) I used to look up at the night sky in the summer and just gaze at the stars in amazement that we are but a spec of sand in what is otherwise a massive and ever expanding universe. Not only that, but I'd also watch NASA TV when I would visit my grandparents. (Their cable provider at the time would have it added for free since the Johnson Space Center is literally within half an hour from their house.) So my avatar isn't just a "name" representation of me, but also a reflection of where I live and my love of space.

• Thanks 1

butterflies are beautiful until you drive through a swarm and it looks like someone shot mustard colored paintballs at your windshield

I'm happy the moths that migrate through where i live now aren't as easily splattered. I've come to appreciate and pity them when they get trapped in the production facility i work at. i try to save them but they're straight up suicidal :LithiumSmileySad: