UnevenEdge

The Expanse rocks.

It was a slow burner I guess with me falling asleep trying to binge season 1 multiple times, but I think that's mainly because of how they take advantage of the space backdrop for suspense...a tad too much. Tossing characters out of airlocks after a seemingly mundane disagreement or argument...albeit over politics/mutinous feelings is done a lot. I've been hooked on the story ever since making it a third of the way through season 1 without falling asleep from the political filler segways etc however though.

💫💫💫

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

the books are also good

but yeah the show is amazing, all of the characters are great and the story is amazing and it just keeps getting better.

everyone's favorite character is Amos, witch is fair, but i love Naomi too. she's such a badass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

the books are also good

but yeah the show is amazing, all of the characters are great and the story is amazing and it just keeps getting better.

everyone's favorite character is Amos, witch is fair, but i love Naomi too. she's such a badass.

I didn’t know there were books!  I’ll have to check it out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eklipse said:

I didn’t know there were books!  I’ll have to check it out.

yes! they're so good, and they really flesh out the experiences of certain characters in a way a show can't. and there's a lot more content in the books that will explain a LOT of the confusing parts of the final season. the show is great and i love it but the books are even better. 

edit: oh! and the novellas! there's a novella that explains Amos's backstory on earth and why he is the way he is, and i think there's another one or more besides that. Amos's is called The Churn.

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 5:51 PM, Vela said:

I want the Undersecretary's wardrobe...

Me buying groceries like

image.png.361153ebe7ec645263a29e13fbe534d2.png

Out shoveling snow

image.png.8879186a354e4b4095583d9aa9a9000c.png

Posting moar

image.png.d9c4b53a75743ff85f548bc95e52c0b2.png

Haha me too!! 😂

I think we’d need a hair stylist too tho.  I’m not talented enough to do that with my hair.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

yes! they're so good, and they really flesh out the experiences of certain characters in a way a show can't. and there's a lot more content in the books that will explain a LOT of the confusing parts of the final season. the show is great and i love it but the books are even better. 

edit: oh! and the novellas! there's a novella that explains Amos's backstory on earth and why he is the way he is, and i think there's another one or more besides that. Amos's is called The Churn.

I love Amos!!  Definitely want to read more about him. 

Was there more on Alex Kamal’s story arc too?  The Cowboy talking guy? 

8 minutes ago, eklipse said:

I love Amos!!  Definitely want to read more about him. 

Was there more on Alex Kamal’s story arc too?  The Cowboy talking guy? 

yeah more for him, too. the show took his character in a different direction cause the actor was a creep. don't want to spoil it but his character gets more time in the books

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lynnrael said:

yeah more for him, too. the show took his character in a different direction cause the actor was a creep. don't want to spoil it but his character gets more time in the books

Thank you!  

Yea, when I read why he was fired, I was like “good riddance”.  

On 6/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, Lynnrael said:

the books are also good

My favorite was James Holden. His character was probably the only reason I was able to bare all the other headstrong personalities. AMOS is a good character, but when the character admits themselves through dialogue that they wouldn't be much without the others...meh. A lot of the other characters had way too much apex legends...ETC shit going on for me to take seriously, but they all trusted the guy that unwittingly kicked off a galactic war by trying to do the right thing. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

My favorite was James Holden. His character was probably the only reason I was able to bare all the other headstrong personalities. AMOS is a good character, but when the character admits themselves through dialogue that they wouldn't be much without the others...meh. A lot of the other characters had way too much apex legends...ETC shit going on for me to take seriously, but they all trusted the guy that unwittingly kicked off a galactic war by trying to do the right thing. 

Holden was cool, but there are too many other more interesting characters imo. i didn't get the same vibes, but I'm not familiar with those anyways. 

Just now, Lynnrael said:

Holden was cool, but there are too many other more interesting characters imo. i didn't get the same vibes, but I'm not familiar with those anyways. 

I've played/watched way too much sci-fi space western material, and a lot of the plot of the expanse is built around these other characters crusading for their opinion or blaming their actions in one situation on what another group did or would do in another... I havent read the books, but the expanse definitely built off of a lot of existing scifi tropes.. Without having a character willing to play all the angles it wouldn't have seemed as fresh to me.