UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer Swordsmith Village arc set for April 9 premiere

Jman

• 1 month later...

I know this is probably old news to many, but I'm officially caught up in the anime (S3 E2) and I'm pretty blown away with how good season 2 was. The Entertainment District arc was really well done in general, but the

Spoiler

final battle with Gyutaro and Daki

was on another level as far as shonen battles go. I've  honestly never seen anything quite like it in terms of quality and choreography are concerned and I just don't know how you can top it. It makes these protracted One Piece arcs look foolish in comparison. My only complaints are at times it relied a little too much on flashiness and it was a tad disorienting at times, but those are minor quibbles tbh. All in all it was light years ahead of anything I've seen in a while in this genre. I'm genuinely curious to see how they move the series forward all while keeping the power dynamic on track when it's clear that there are so many demons higher up on the totem pole . They're really gonna have to get creative to keep the stakes as high as they felt in the entertainment district arc at times.

Season 3 kicked off with an absolute banger and probably the single best sequence of the entire series imo.

Spoiler

The Infinity Castle

meeting did not disappoint and again draws attention to the only problem I see moving forward with the series - i.e. how to do justice on screen to all these insanely powerful demons and how do you keep increasing the stakes when they've already gone so high. I really hope the creators find a way and don't burn out in the process. I'm genuinely excited for

Spoiler

Swordsmith Village Arc

Edited by saito34