UnevenEdge

Suspension of disbelief vs bad writing

nameraka

so, i'm really trying to like iron fist and honestly some of the bad reviews are overblown but i get pissed at bad writing. i just do.

specifically i'm at the scene where danny and ward take off in the astin martin with danny driving.

um... where and when did danny learn to drive? he was in a plane crash at 12 and has been in a monastery in what is probably another dimension until about five minutes ago.

unless driver's ed is part of his mystical kung fu training, this is bullshit.

I call bullshit!!!  >:(

Yeah it was definitely a bit of a disappointment. I didn't really like the way they made the main character.

He's supposed to be this powerful warrior monk, yet they made him a winy little betch. The fighting could of been better, unless it was set that way because he's supposed to be not fully trained yet. Everything else wasn't bad though.

Clips like this are why that even without the showrunners refusing to cast an Asian lead to improve the problematic story, clips like this turned me off from giving it a chance. Not only is the setup completely unnecessary and awkward, this is the fakest ass shit I've seen since those less successful fantasy action shows during the 90's that had a budget of peanuts.

There are youtube videos of people flipping over cars if they needed a reference for making that look real. I looked up the fight scenes to see if they were any better, and Jesus, they couldn't shoot or edit them properly. If Netflix didn't want to spend money on the writing or making the darn show look good visually, I don't know why they bothered.