UnevenEdge

First day of training today

Swimmod_Luna

Yippie

They said that all workers start as temporary, which is what I'm considered now. But if u show up on time and don't call off and do ur job you should be able to get a permanent position. So hopefully nothing happens to fuck my shit up.

The part that's gonna suck is the mandatory overtime. I knew I was gonna have that but I thought it just meant you'd have to work an extra day or two every week. Nope. It means staying after your "assigned" shift is over. Sometimes even pulling a double. Hopefully I don't have to do that. Some girl in my class who's worked here before said second shift only has to go 3.5 hours over when they do OT instead of a full 8 over. But idk how long ago she worked there and apparently they recently had an incident where like 8 people on 3rd shift were let go so they are in desperate need of coverage for that shift so...we shall see.

How can something be both mandatory, and over-time? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of over-time?

I've had so many jobs w mandatory OT. 64 hours a week in a warehouse all summer long, 76 hours a week at an Amazon distribution center during December. It just means you get paid time and a half for everything over 40hrs and if you don't show up for it you get an unexcused absence or get fired.

you should try to work there for two years and then see if you can jump somewhere and make more

Yeah it would be great if I could stay with the state. Great job security and benefits. Especially the retirement stuff. Even if social security gets fucked up state workers pay into their own pension and not social security so there's probably more security in that. But first I need to make it to permanent and make it through probation if I do become permanent <_<

Yeah it would be great if I could stay with the state. Great job security and benefits. Especially the retirement stuff. Even if social security gets fucked up state workers pay into their own pension and not social security so there's probably more security in that. But first I need to make it to permanent and make it through probation if I do become permanent <_<

yeah that's why i'm dumping close to 20% of my paycheck into my retirement (also partially why i'm so poor all the damn time >_>) because i don't trust social security. i applied for jobs at the federal government. only ever had one interview

yeah that's why i'm dumping close to 20% of my paycheck into my retirement (also partially why i'm so poor all the damn time >_>) because i don't trust social security. i applied for jobs at the federal government. only ever had one interview

Yeah maybe stop doing that :| How much does your employer match?

I'm just electing to do the minimum amount for now ($25 per pay). They don't match anything so it's not like I'm missing out on anything extra.

Yeah maybe stop doing that :| How much does your employer match?

I'm just electing to do the minimum amount for now ($25 per pay). They don't match anything so it's not like I'm missing out on anything extra.

they only match up to 4% but i'd just spend the money on dumb shit anyway so it's probably better that i leave myself poor.